Sunday, April 12, 2015

Conference Was Amazing!

Good afternoon, everyone!  Good to hear from all of you guys.  Man, things are going good here!  It sounds like everyone's lives are going smoothly there as well.  So, no complaints aye!  I missed you guys a lot this week.  I think it's because it was Conference weekend and I wasn't at home on the couch eating cinnamon rolls like I knew you guys would be! There has been a lot that has been going on around these parts!

This past week on Monday, Elder Faamau and I were doing our weekly reporting to the Assistants and then President Balli called and told us that Elder Faamau would be transferred back down to Auckland.  I would be staying and I will be serving with Elder De Kock.  I know him alright so I was keen as for that.  It's been good up here in Whangarei lately so I was all good with staying!  So, transfers were this past Thursday, man, I was excited as to get down there to Panmure!  It actually made me pretty sad, not gonna lie, drive through my old area, see the same crazy people I used to talk with sitting and smoking in the same spot we'd see them everyday!  The old house and remembering all the good times in Panmure.  I was able to see most of my old companions at the transfer meeting.  That made me pretty sad as well, though.  That could be the last time that I see a lot of people so I was kind of in awe about that little fact!  The good news is, Elder Fell and Elder Summers are both serving up in Kaikohe, not far so I'll see them at trainings and that so that will be good.  I was happy to be able to catch up with them.

Elder Peihopa and Elder Johnson

Elder Johnson and Elder Summers

The oppossum----got heeeem!



We got back to the area around 6 and we were able to go and show Elder De Kock the new area.  He's pretty cool--I get on with him.  I really like how he likes to work so I know he will help me finish strong.  He's from South Africa and has been out a little less than me.  He's going to help me heaps and I'm really excited to work with him.  We've already had some really good spiritual visits with some of the people in our area.  After Priesthood on Saturday, we had about an hour until we needed to head home so we were looking for some teaching opportunities in my old area because we didn't have time to drive to Whangaruru.  So, I felt impressed to go and visit Mary Ekueta who was a recent convert of a few months by the time I got to Whangarei earlier on in my mission.  I knew that she had been struggling lately and hadn't been going to Church.  So, we went and paid her a visit.  She was shocked to see four of us there at like 8:15 pm--but we didn't care!  She told us that she hasn't been to church for ages.  It's because something happened with her and a member---and she was really offended and hasn't been ever since.  Oh no....so, I just asked if she could share her conversion story hoping that it would rekindle the feelings that she had that day.  She shared her miracle conversion story and I felt the spirit as she was speaking.  I know she felt it as well.  We invited her to Conference but sadly we didn't see her!  Even though, she didn't come, I know that she felt the Spirit, God's love for her and also that we want to help her so I think it was a successful visit.

Conference was amazing!  Probably the best I've ever watched (I'm not trying to sound like a sister missionary when I say that either!)  This was the first time I've ever been able to watch all ten hours and not fall asleep or lose focus for the whole thing!  I learned heaps!  It was really entertaining ha ha, all they were talking about was getting married!  I loved Elder Ballard's talk in Priesthood session and Elder Clayton had a mean one as well.  Heaps of good ones!  Oh my goodness!  I couldn't believe that people opposed that made me quite upset.  Fakaamu mai keu iloi pe ko hai, kau hanga o taai ke mate.  Man, we were all like what the heck??  I love how they handled it.  I'm pretty sure that they knew it was coming though, aye, but I really loved Conference.  I also got a surprise visit from Kurt Netzler!  He came and found me in Whangarei.  He was recently married in the temple and is actively attending church and the temple.  Made me so happy!  I will also be seeing Elder Villiamu this Wednesday so I'm really excited!

Things are going good!  I'm happy that Elder Jones and Elder Finau stayed up here with me and I'm really happy that I'm a missionary!  I love and miss you all so much!  Hope all is well!

Ofa lahi atu

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment