Sunday, October 20, 2013

Kia Ora Whanau


It's so good to hear from you guys!  I'm so happy that you guys were able to go on a little vacation!  I wish I was there, but things are going so good here.  I had a really good birthday yesterday.  People who knew were so nice.  My companion was so cool he made a sweet card and hung up the banner thing that you guys sent.  It was really good.  I hope you guys are watching the Hobbit there in honor of my birthday!  There is heaps of Hobbit stuff here in Whangarei, I'm loving it!

Birthday cards from Kurt, Marie and Fabian and families

Birthday Dinner

Birthday Card from Elder McKeown
 
From Elder Viliamu
So now that I only have to cover one ward instead of three, I'm planning on getting to know heaps of members and their families better.  I will see them a lot which is good because members are such a huge part of the work.  It's hard to just randomly find people....although, we met this lady named Chevon Thompson.  She is about 44 years old.  She was just walking down the road.  We talked a little bit to her on the street then and we have been teaching her ever since.  She is set for baptism on the 2nd of November!!  She's amazing.  She's full on quit smoking, coffee and tea all in less than a week!  She came to Conference and she attended church yesterday.  She is awesome!

This was a pretty fun week.  Me and my comp get along so well, we're seriously the same!  Same interests and we make people laugh.  We're doing pretty well.  Our room is so messy--as is our whole flat!  We actually gotta clean it today. It's funny cause we will walk in after the day--look at the mess and just say "if I were at home, my parents would be all over me" ha ha but then laugh and say "well, we're in another country so I think we're good!  ha ha  We're so sore from riding bikes, aye, like seriously there are some massive San Fran type hills here and its hot and I get all sweaty and it's really annoying when you ride all that way and then the people aren't home.....errrgg!  We have heaps of fun while we're riding.....I'll full on grab his handle and push him off the sidewalk, ha ha and he rambles in his funny accent.  ha ha I love it here so far, nothing to complain about this area, besides the bikes!  I almost forgot--people will full on yell mean things at us when they drive by and we're both biting our tongues remembering who we are!

Ripped pants this week


The Flat (without having Elder Viliamu as his companion)
 So on Saturday, we just finished our dinner and we walk out of the flat and both asked each other if we had the keys....we didn't....so my comp said he could fit through an opening and well he couldn't....so than I tried to...and the next thing you know, the winder just shattered!  It was so funny!  We called the mission office and they just laughed so we're all good, not in trouble, but it was hilarious!


Got locked out this week
 I miss you guys so much!  I think about you all the time.  I love showing people our family photo--they all say we have a beautiful family and I'm like, I know right!  ha  I love you guys.  Thanks for everything.  Have a good week!

Love your son and brother,
Elder Johnson

From Elder Viliamu:

So last week, we had a wonderful baptism, Kurt's baptism.  It went well and I tell you that that was the most powerful and most spiritual baptism I've been to or had so far in my mission.  It was just great.  He got confirmed on Sunday and received the Aaronic Priesthood as well.  What a wonderful week.  I wish Elder Johnson was there as well because my companion kind of felt left out because everyone knows Elder Johnson and likes him.  Bishop then talked at the end as well and he also mentioned Elder Johnson's name.  I was like--well, thank you Bishop for helping, I'm trying to control my emotions, hee hee!  Oh well.

When Kurt bore his testimony, wow!  That was the most powerful part of the program.  I have some photos for you and Elder Johnson.  On Sunday, Kurt was able to call Elder Johnson and put it on speakers and we were there.  Good to hear from him but Kurt was calling him to wish him a Happy Birthday!


Elder Viliamu, Kurt, Fabian, Elder ?
A few random pictures Elder Johnson included in his emails today:

"You don't know the powaa of the dark side"






Aucktown
Elder Johnson and Elder McKeown
 



No comments:

Post a Comment