So as you already heard, I was transferred to Whangarei (pronounced fong a ray). I couldn't be more excited. Get this, there was some confusion and I actually am training. Elder McKeown from England. He's been out for 6 weeks so I'm training him for his last 6 and then maybe another transfer. It's all good here. Way different than my other areas, that's for sure. It's like an actual city here with street lights and stuff! In my other areas there were just roundabouts, ha ha! The only downer is....I'm on the stupid bike! It sucks cause I'm so used to just mobbing around in the Taurus everywhere and I'm so out of shape and it's hilly as here! But it's all good, I like it!
| Elder Johnson and Elder McKeown |
| Whangarei |
It was really hard for me to say goodbye to Elder Viliamu, man me and him became pretty tight aye, like brothers. I know he is struggling right now and I wish I could help him but we aren't able to communicate without being disobedient and we don't want that! So, all I can do is pray for him. It was hard to say goodbye to some of my last areas. I developed some amazing relationships with the people there and I loved them. I miss Brother Shortland, Brother Brown and his family and the Smith family especially. Not so much Sid Going--hahahaha-he's grumpy :-) but I'm happy to be here in Whangarei!
| Last day with Elder Viliamu |
| Viliamu and Johnson |
|
|
| Saying goodbye to Fabian-a Ward Mission Leader |
| Saying goodbye to Anata |
I was kind of nervous to come here cause I loved my other areas and didn't know what to expect, but it's good. It's a big as ward and there are heaps of people who come rather than just 30 people. Get this...Kurt, the brother I was teaching over in Maromaku, actually lives here in Whangarei in my ward so I will get to see him quite often. I'm really disappointed that I have to miss his baptism on the 19th. That was gonna be my birthday present...ha ha! We were the ones who taught him and I wanted to be there. Ah, well, I'll get to see him!
Man Conference was sweet as! That was the first time I've sat through every session and it was good actually. Holy cats though my ADD kicked in hard out a couple of times but it was good. I really really enjoyed Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. I needed to hear that one, about how people have mental stuff like anxiety or stress, ha, that's me! It was good to hear that talk. Then Russell M. Nelson nailed it as well. President Monson is the main man, aye! We had investigators who attended and he rocked their world. It was a good weekend.
So, I received my package! Thank you!! I know I wasn't supposed to open it, but I knew there would be food in there and as of right now, we have no food! Ha but I'm not reading the cards until Sunday so don't worry. Thank you so much, I love you guys!
| Birthday Package |
Things are going really good. I love it here. It's gonna be a challenge now that I'm the one in charge and it's easy for me to get off focus with Elder McKeown, but I can do it. We're gonna be amazing. Say hey to Elder Viliamu for me. I miss him--he gave me one of his badges and that is a big thing to receive someone's badge out here--so that's cool.
I love you guys--have a good time in Yeller Stone, aye! Say hey to the Bowlers for me!
Oh by the way--bad news. We're not allowed to Skype on Christmas because some missionaries like the Elders in the Cook Islands don't have access so we have to be fair. I can still call so that's good! I love you!
Love,
Elder Johnson
From Elder Viliamu:
Thank you so much for the email! I loved General Conference so much and like you said, those speakers are the bomb dot com.
I'm very grateful for the opportunity that I've had to serve with Elder Johnson. I'm still trying my best to adjust to everything now because it was so hard to let Elder Johnson go. I will definitely give updates on Kurt and Wally.
Kurt went to surprise Elder Johnson in Whangarei at Conference down there. So that was cool. His baptism is this weekend! I will send you photos of his baptism so that you can give it to Elder Johnson. Kurt is the man. He's progressing well. He reminds me of myself. Wally is the man, he's going to get baptized the 2nd of November and I will also send you a photo so Elder Johnson will also have it. Tell him I say Happy Birthday for this Sunday. Sorry I can't cook his breakfast this time because he's too far from me now. But I hope he'll like my present that I gave him before he left.
Always keep in contact because you're all my family now. I pray for you all and of course Elder Johnson every night! Thank you also for all of your prayers. That really helps me and him. You're all my family and always will be....you're all part of me now.
Love Always,
Elder Viliamu
Hope to hear from you all again
No comments:
Post a Comment