I had a pretty good week. My companion and I get along very well. He's way cool. I'm still trying to get to know the area better. It's hard to know my way around here, it's pretty big--whereas the country was big but very spread out. I'm liking the city, though.
| Elder Fell and Elder Johnson Game Day attire |
So, this week was good for us. We were able to visit heaps of people who have at least met with missionaries before in the past, how good of investigators they will be at this point, I'm not sure! We're just in the finding process at the moment. Not a huge teaching pool, but that is okay. We are working well together so hopefully we find us some souls to save :-)
This past weekend was Stake Conference Weekend, it was really good. I didn't get bored :-) There was 1000 people who attended on Sunday, ha that was heaps of people. The most I've seen in a chapel here, ha ha. I was actually in the choir! Our whole zone had two musical numbers. It was awesome, you guys know how much I love music and to feel the Spirit while we were singing brought tears to many people in the congregation and myself. We sang the EFY Medley. That song gives me the chills every time aye, ha! President and Sister Lekias then addressed everyone. They talked about the Work of Salvation and how important the members are for missionary work in this time that we are living. Man, President nailed it! He is such a good mission president and not just the missionaries look up to him but everyone who has ever heard the man speak. Then the main man, Sid Going, addressed everyone. He encouraged everyone to prepare to attend the temple as regularly as they can. He is very bold let's just say that--but everyone listens to him. The respect people have for him here is awesome. He is like Michael Jordan in Rugby (and never played on a Sunday! hmmmm, I never should have done that either!) He said some really amazing things. I feel the work will progress heaps in our area..with our ward getting involved :-).
Man, I love being on a mission! I miss music, movies, girls and most of all watching games with the fam, but the joy that I get from sharing the Gospel is better than all of those! I love helping people as weird as that sounds, but man, I'm happy, I love where I'm at right now!
It was so good to hear from you guys. I miss you heaps and heaps! Have a good week!
I LOVE YOU
Arohanui,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment