Sunday, January 19, 2014

Progressing Everyday and Learning So Much

Hello you guys!  Man, I got on a wee bit later today.  I only have 40 minutes.  It was good to hear from you guys.  Sounds like things are going good at home.  That's good, I pray for you guys every day!  I hope you are staying safe.

I had a pretty good week.  I'm starting to get to know the area.  It's fun getting to meet families and people of other cultures.  Islander people are so cool and keep me laughing constantly ha ha.  We had a couple service projects this week, one of them was digging big ol' holes in the ground to build a shed and then the other was hecka fun.  We got to bust down an old greenhouse!  It was so fun, we gotta whack the heck out of windows and wood on the building with an axe--it was fun!  We are still finding people to teach.  As for talking with people....they aren't very receptive.  So, it's pretty hard, but we have some appointments with part member families and a whole non member family that we are teaching so I'm really looking forward to that.  Whooooo, finally get to teach somebody.

This week my comp needed a haircut and we have no money for that, so I gave him one, ha ha.  It was so bad!  I thought it would be easy to do a missionary haircut, but I straight wrecked his hair.  A member who hasn't cut hair before said he would come over and try to blend it in so he wouldn't look like Forrest Gump.  Man, and then we had interviews with President.  Those went really well.  He was able to help me a lot with some things that I've been working on and things that he thinks will help the work progress in our area, so things should be sweet as!

Elder Fell's bad haircut--by Elder Johnson


Last night, we had what's called a Come and See Fireside.  It was amazing and very much needed.  The Spirit was so strong as recent converts from our Stake shared their conversion story.  It was amazing!  I was able to see my bro, Elder Viliamu!  Man, I miss serving with him!  He was always there to help me. It's hard being the Senior Companion sometimes because I am responsible for everything and it's hard for me to lead an area I'm new in , ha ha, but man, it was good to see him!  He's like whanau (family) for me, I hope to see him after the mish!

Things are going good here!  I love it!  I'm still progressing everyday and learning so much.  Stay close to Heavenly Father--for He's anxious to help us with everything!

I love you-have a good week!
Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment