Sunday, September 14, 2014

New Area--Panmure

Hello you guys!  So grateful for the emails this week and the kind words you were able to give me.  I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing great.  I hope that the weeks were good.  I was able to experience a lot this week.  I'm excited to share it with you.

So this week was actually a really hard one for me.  I got the transfer call Wednesday night.  I was mad because normally it's at lunch time.  I just had a little while to say goodbye to people.  The Irvine's (Senior Missionary Couple in the ward) love them to death--they were nice enough to drive me around to say goodbye to people.  Man, I was so sad.  I haven't felt like that yet on my mission.  I was there for six months and didn't want to leave at all.  I loved Elder Peihopa and all the families in the ward.  I went and said goodbye to some families like the Kints, Lapu'aho's and Sister Paletu'a.  Then I went and said goodbye to the Pole family.  That is where I just broke down.  I was so sad to leave such an amazing family, especially Pita.  He was like a brother to me and I loved the time that we were able to spend with him.  Then we went to the Taani's.  We had a good time talking with them and also the Irvine's about all the funny things that happened while I was there.  Ha ha--heaps of stuff.  Then it came time to say goodbye and I just told them how much I loved them.  My heart was broken trying to express how much I loved them in that much time.  Seeing them sad just made me more sad.  They were so good to me.  They were the closest thing I've had to family other than you guys.  They took care of us, man!  Anything we wanted they were right there. I will really miss them.  So that was that--it was really hard!  I then spent the night packing all of my stuff.  Then was up talking with Elder Peihopa and Elder Ofahengaue.  Those guys are brothers to me!


Saying Goodbye to the Pole family


Saying Goodbye to the Pole Family

Saying Goodbye to the Taani family




I arrived in Panmure Thursday afternoon.  It was alright.  I was able to see some of my buddies at Transfer meeting--like Elder Fell.  He's doing great.  I arrived here with my new companion, Elder Hopoate (Tongan from Springville).  He knows Kayla--they went to the same school!  He's great--we get along great.  I'm still District Leader to a District that finally has some Elders in it.  Yes!  The work is different here because I have a car.  I got so used to planning days out according to how long it would take to bike there and now it takes five minutes!  It seems we have heaps of extra time that we will have to fill...which is great!  Today we were supposed to get money but we didn't!  I don't have anything left because I left it all there.  That is why I took some money out but don't worry, Mom, when we get paid, I'll reimburse myself! 

Another thing that I like is there are a lot of people who know the same people as me from other areas so that helps with getting to know people.  OH--there is this man that Elder Fell and I met over in Mangere who was a member.  He bought us lunch and said if we ever serve in Panmure to find him!  I found him!  He's the dox aye!  He was happy to see us.  He served in San Fran and said that Uncle Steve (Steve Young) used to feed him.  I told him that we're related somewhere down the line and because he's from the Islands if you're related distantly--it's like you're first cousins! So, he was like I'm gonna take care of you like you're family took care of me!  ha ha ha  Sai Aupito!  So things are alright here!  I'm not as depressed as I was when I left.

The mission is full of great things.  It's also full of hard things, like I recently experienced.  It may be hard for you to understand but the people that I left mean so much to me.  I really hope to see them again.  It just makes me realize how lucky I am to have my family.  You all mean so much to me.  I really missed you guys this week, just because it was kinda hard.  Normally I'm all good!  You guys are great!  I miss you so much.  Thanks for your emails.  This area is going to be great.  Things are looking pretty good.  Thanks for everything!

Love you guys--ofa atu!
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment