Good morning you guys! Glad that I could hear from you all today. It sounds like everyone is staying busy with one thing or another so that's pretty good, aye. Things are still pretty good around these parts...the weather is really nice so I'm happy about that. Is it starting to cool down there at all? This week is transfers....I don't know what's going to happen though. I've been here for six months, I wouldn't mind staying. I really love this ward and I don't want to have to say goodbye to people. Transferring is never fun, so I hope I stay, ha!
We have had a great week ol' Elder Peihopa and I. Things were kind of slow for the most part, but we were still able to make the most of it and were able to have some success in our efforts. We met a man the other night named Pat. He's a pretty rough looking dude. He has Bob Marley hair and a beard and a beanie that he wears really low. Anywho, Elder Latu and I used to see him all the time and he was grumpy as. We went over to his house because we were trying to contact a former investigator there and they told us to get lost....so when we approached him the other night, I wasn't expecting the treatment that Elder Peihopa and I got. We asked him how he was and how things have been for him. He said that he was going through some rough times. Now he just wants to get his life back on track. So who better to talk to then the missionaries, right? ha We went over to his house on Saturday and taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It went really well other than the family that he stays with was having a domestic while we were there. Man, it's sad what some people have to live with. We were able to share our message and were getting him involved with the self reliance center so hopefully he can get a job and get his life on course. He came to church yesterday and it went great! The ward was wonderful to him. It was Father's Day yesterday and they gave all of the fathers a yellow flower that they pinned on his shirt. It was good to see him happy and making friends.
Another good thing from this week is that we are still teaching Nga, Sister Paletu'a's friend. We have been having FHE lessons with her and plan on setting her tonight in our next lesson. We have really enjoyed the lessons that we have been able to have with Sister Paletu'a's family! They are awesome man. Another family I would love you guys to meet one day. I'll let you know on Nga's progress. Hopefully I'm still here to see her get baptized! Elder Larson would have loved to meet her because she is from Aitutaki in the Cook Islands!
The area is going great that's for sure. We are still trying to work our hardest. I won't lie, it's hard on days maybe when it's wet or when you are hungry or whatever it is. Keeping the desire to serve Heavenly Father is what helps. I like Helamen 5:17,18. Helps me have that greater desire. Things are going great here! We have another keen investigator that we're teaching this Thursday, so that should be great (if I'm still here!) ha. I miss you all heaps and I pray for you everyday! Have a good week and stay safe! Oh and tell Elder Larson, Happy Birthday!!
| Elder Matthew, Elder Jones, Elder Crane, Elder Ofahengaue, Elder Johnson, Elder Peihopa |
| P day crew! |
| Hymn book from Sister Hengahenga |
Ofa Atu!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment