Hey guys! I'm grateful for another P day. I'm glad everyone is having a good week and is alive and well.
So, I'm still trying to get to know this area, it's pretty hard though. Things are going pretty good. I'm getting to know a lot of the members and starting to feel comfortable here, so that's helpful!
I want to share a miracle with you though. So when I was in Ashlynne Ward, there was a man there named Rob. He had been investigating the church for 5 years. He's the only one in his big family that's not a member. We were able to go over there and teach him a little bit. One thing we never did was be overbearing and put too much pressure on him. I knew it wasn't going to help him so we just never did it. My zone leaders at the time were always asking us, "why aren't you working harder with Rob!" It was like we need the number why aren't you working harder with him. I knew it wasn't the right thing to do. To make a long story short, he was baptized on Saturday at 1:00! Before I left, he asked me to baptize him. Of all the missionaries that he has been through, he asked if I could baptize him. He said it's because I loved him and didn't force it upon him which helped him find out for himself. Man, I was so happy to hear that! I've realized you have to be yourself as a missionary. It's no good being someone you're not. I know that the investigators feel it more when it's you. Although I was sad I missed it, I'm so happy for Rob and his family. I know his wife is so happy! She has been wanting this for a long time!
As for our week though, it was a pretty exciting one. A lot of typical investigator let down...starting with our investigator named Brother R. He's a 72 year old man who is grumpy as! Man, I can't believe how grumpy he is. He almost got baptized last week, but he couldn't quit smoking. So we tried to do it this week. We didn't think he was being very honest. We told him that he couldn't be baptized until he quit. That just really chapped him off, man! We went over there everyday and everyday he told us off and to leave. After three days of him just yelling on Thursday he actually tried to punch me (he doesn't like me because I was the bold one and told him no). Elder Hopoate and I decided that Friday was his last chance of us trying. Before we could even go to his house, he came yelling after us and said he needed to talk to us. He said that he has felt a crazy amount of guilt, to the point that he couldn't sleep or do anything. This made me happy because I knew that God wasn't going to let him treat us like that. So Brother R. is back on the radar and we are really trying to help him quit smoking....so pray for that!
Some of our other investigators are just stalling and making us work really hard! They don't want to come to church---no excuses when church is at 11! There is a family that we're really working with --the Dixons. I know that they will come around, they're just experiencing a death in the family so when we catch up with them, it will be a great opportunity for us to teach the Plan of Salvation. The others are just floaters at the moment, but hopefully next week we have more of a report on them, aye!
Last night was great! Come and See Fireside--whoooo! It was awesome! We were able to get some of our Indian investigators to come. I was able to see the crew--Elder Peihopa, Jane, the Irvines and the missionaries that are now serving in that ward. It was great seeing everyone! The missionaries sang the EFY Medley to everyone and it was spiritual as! I love that song. I even saw some people crying so I know that they felt the spirit. I wish I could have seen the Taani's and Pita there though. That would have been great! Send my love their way please--I miss them heaps!
Great week though. I like Elder Hopoate and the area. Things are going really good at the moment. I just have heaps of work to do...but I'm happy about it! I love you guys! Thanks for everything! Have a great week!
| View from Panmure (my new area) |
| Kokaubeam District |
| Kokaubeam District |
| Elder Johnson and Elder Hopoate |
| Elder Johnson and Elder Hopoate |
![]() |
| Rob's Baptism |
Ofa Atu
Elder Johnson
Email to Elder Johnson from Elder Peihopa's Dad:
Dear Elder Johnson,
I feel it a father's duty to express my love and gratitude for the way you have been an influence in our son, Elder Peihopa's, life at this time.
I do this with humility and respect as if you were my own son. Elder Peihopa has told us a lot about you and it became obvious to me through the wonderful weekly emails that you both were very obedient missionaries--evident of the baptisms performed and the many people's lives who have been touched.
Your parents would be as proud and blessed as we are to have raised such fine young men. (please pass on our love to them)
As parents in the gospel, we know all too well the life and work of a missionary and our testimonies are strengthened each time as we engage in the work of salvation alongside the full time missionaries.
May you continue in the faith and strength throughout the remainder of your missionary journey and may you also be encircled by the aroha of our people and our Maori ancestors who loved and embraced the gospel message with open arms.
Alma 17:2-12 is a wonderful example of how a missionary can become empowered with a portion of the Lord's spirit to the convincing of thousands of souls to repent and be baptized and literally being an instrument in his hands. The process to get to this point has been tried and tested by faithful and obedient Book of Mormon missionaries (sons of Mosiah and Alma)
God bless you Elder Johnson is our humble prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Next week, I 'll share a special story my grandmother wrote in her diary about an Elder Johnson back in the 1930's you will like it!
Take care,
Alamein and Aloma Peihopa
If there's anything you need please let us know we can hook you up.
ka kite ano Arohanui the Peihopa's

No comments:
Post a Comment