Sunday, October 19, 2014

Happy Birthday, Elder Johnson!

Hello, hello everyone!  So good to hear from everyone.  Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes!  21 WHOOO!  I think I'm more excited that it's p day though!  We will be doing something fun.  I caught up with a lot of people at the Come and See Fireside last night so I think some of them will be coming to see me!

Birthday Wish from Elder Peihopa
We had a really good week.  We had a baptism.  Sister Mather was baptized on Friday.  It was very last minute so we were really excited about that.  It was fun teaching her and getting to know her.  She is from Sri Lanka.  It was hard to teach her because English is not her first language, but she didn't want anything to do with her other language.  I told her I would get her a Book of Mormon in her language so that she could understand but she insisted that she just read the English one.  It was tough, but she came around.  We were happy to see her get baptized.

Elder Johnson, Sister Mather, Elder Hopoate
The week was really good though.  Last Monday, we played football with some kids in our ward that are playing.  That was awesome!  I was like Kaep out there (Kaepernick).  It was fun to be able to play a game I know how to play for once!  We had a good week.  We got a lot done.  We have a family that we're working really hard with and hoping to get them progressing this week.  They are the Dixons.  So keep them in your prayers, aye!

Yesterday was pretty cool though.  I was able to see Ray and Roxanne from when I was serving in Manukau.  There is a pretty cool story about when I was there.  Roxanne was only a few months pregnant and she was really, really sick.  I offered to give her a blessing.  While I was giving her a blessing, I kept saying the words he, him, his, talking about the baby.  After the blessing, I was like freak--she's only like a few months pregnant, they don't know what it is yet!  Well, it turns out that they had a beautiful baby boy not too long ago.  I thought that was awesome that the Spirit was telling me it was a boy--ha ha!  I was able to catch up with the whole heaps of people at the Come and See Fireside.  I was so happy to see them.  It makes me really miss them and the ward that I was serving in, but it was awesome to catch up with them.  I'm going to see the Taani's today!  YESSS!  As well as Sister Lawrence, Sister Ahokovi and Sister Kints!

Elder Hopoate, Elder Peihopa and Elder Johnson at the Come and See Fireside
Elder Hopoate and Elder Johnson

Elder Johnson
I'm really happy though.  So glad to hear from you guys.  I love you heaps and I hope that all is well.

Love,
Elder Johnson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment