Hello everyone! It's so good to hear from all of you guys and that you had a good week! There is heaps that happened this week.
I had a wonderful birthday last week. I really enjoyed spending time with my friends in the mission field. I was so excited to see Sister Kints and her family. She came and dropped some food right before we were leaving so that was lucky! Then we saw the Taani family. Man, that made me so happy seeing them all again. They brought me a cake and sang me some songs. I still really miss Papatoetoe but I'm really excited about this next transfer. Then we had a really fun family home evening with the Tu'imoala family. That was fun, they're pretty crack up! We go over and bug them a lot like we used to with the Taani family.
 |
| With Sister Kints and family |
 |
| Cake from the Taani's |
 |
| With the Taani family |
I think last week I was so rushed that I forgot to mention that we had the transfer. Maybe I did, I can't remember, but anyways.....I'M SO EXCITED!! On Wednesday afternoon, we received a call from the zone leader letting us know that Elder Hopoate would be transferred to Henderson and that I'd be staying here with Elder Falatau!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was so excited because he and I become tight when we served in Papatoetoe together. I really love Elder Falatau, he is like a brother to me. He's from Tonga, just a loving dude. He'd give the shirt off his back for anyone and here is the real exciting part----we're covering two wards! Panmure Ward and also Saineha Ward....which is the Tongan ward!! Whoooooo! My prayers have been answered. I think everyone has to experience a Tongan church service! The spirit is so strong. They way they sing is so awesome!
 |
| Elder Johnson and Elder Falatau |
I got up and bore my testimony yesterday and introduced myself to the ward. Oh my gosh, I have never been so scared in my life...I will never be scared or nervous to talk in a Palangi ward ever again after experiencing that yesterday. It went alright, I think! My companion said it was good and that even if I said stuff wrong that it will be alright because I tried! I can understand a bit but I get nervous when speaking it. I'm so excited though to be able to cover two wards. There's more opportunity now that we have more area to cover so it should be great!
I hope I get to serve with Elder Falatau for awhile. I know that I am going to learn heaps from him. Heavenly Father keeps blessing me with Tongan companions aye! I learn a lot from them. The way they are taught in their culture is way different than ours...that's what I like about them. They are very loving and will do anything for anyone. So, I think I'll be learning some charity this transfer. I'm really happy though so that's good! I'm staring to get comfortable in the area and knowing my way around. I'm forced to know with Elder Hopoate gone! Things are going great. I'm still learning more and eating more everyday! Especially now that we're getting fed more in the Tongan ward! I love you guys heaps!
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment