![]() |
| Elder Johnson and a little Kings fan |
![]() |
| Elders General Conference Weekend |
![]() |
![]() |
| Panmure Zone |
It's crazy that I'm going to be 21 on Monday. Thank goodness my birthday is on a P day. Whoooo! Not to sure what we're going to do, probably play rugby like we always do. Elder Hopoate and I had a pretty good week, kind of slow, but we were able to enjoy the service that we were able to give. We had appointments fall through, but we stayed busy. So Tuesday, we blitzed the Tongan sister's area which means we went and helped in the Tongan program for the day and we were able to help out and find some people for them to teach so that is exciting. Then Wednesday, Elder Koloamatangi went on another trade off and man, we were so busy! We had something to do all day long. Lessons, service, talking with people on the street. It was fun being that busy! We had a lesson with Brother Roundtree. He was really struggling with knowing and accepting Joseph Smith. We showed him The Prophet of the Restoration movie. Man, he loved it! He wouldn't stop talking about it, actually. He said that it gave him the confidence needed to help him overcome smoking so we will see how that goes. With Conference and that we didn't really have that much going on. We were able to talk with a lot of people on the street, that was fun actually because I've been trying to get better in my street approaches--it is still hard sometimes. We had some really good lessons just from following promptings and just opening your mouth. I think that's what is the hardest thing to do, but I know that's how it works....just by talking with people even when it may seem awkward or hard.
In interviews with President this week, he and I were talking and I told him that I want to take everything that I do here home with me--studies, praying, staying clear of things that need to be stayed clear from ha! One of those things in particular is to share the gospel with everyone everywhere. Just whenever the opportunity comes to share a gospel truth, man, I'm gonna do it! I know that's all it takes. The members in the church need to figure it out. It's not just the missionaries that should do everything. It's everyone! It will be real nice when it clicks with everyone. We need some help from the members at this point because there aren't a lot of people progressing that we're working with. That's our focus for this week!
Things are going good guys! I love it here. I love and I miss yous all heaps. Have a great week. Apply the things you learned in Conference....share the gospel!
Love you,
Elder Johnson




No comments:
Post a Comment