Hello everyone! It was good to hear from you guys this week! It sounds like that Christmas Devotional was pretty good. I haven't seen it yet, not until next week, but I've been listening to it. I'm not going to lie, I miss that trip going to Salt Lake to watch it. Sounds like everyone is doing good though! That makes me happy, happy, happy! Things are going good here.
We had a really good week, actually. Let me just tell you about it. We started the week really solid just trying to help Elder Summers get into the swing of the mission life. He's doing really well. I'm still getting used to serving with him....nothing against him, I just haven't served with anyone that doesn't know what they're doing for a long time. So, I'm just forced to have to do everything at the moment. This week, we were talking with people on the street and we met this lady named Rose. She's really nice--she's a Filipino. We gave one of the Christmas cards that we have been handing out to everyone and she was pretty interested. Later in the week, we went and taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ. She asked some really good questions. That's good for us so that we can really help her understand. We went the following day as well and taught the restoration. That took ages ha ha, because it was kind of hard for her to take all of that in. It went really well, though! We're still visiting her and hoping to get her progressing.
Alright so here is the miracle for the week--yesterday, we're at church just welcoming people coming in at the door and we saw this Chinese guy in street clothes. So, I went over there and started talking with him. I don't know what it is with all the Asians I meet here, but they always demand photo's with me (the blonde hair blue eyes thing again!). So--he did that! I began to just ask about himself and he told me that he had a dream about his father that had passed away and he was led here...to the chapel. Awesome! So, he stayed the whole time! We invited him back to the chapel at three for a lesson, we taught him the Plan of Salvation. My companion took the lead on that one and did awesome! It was a proud father moment...:-) We invited him to be baptized and he is now set for the 3rd of January! (with no concerns that we are aware of at the moment--ha). Wow, that was awesome to be able to witness a miracle after a pretty rough week last week.
I don't really know how my companion feels about the food here. He says he likes it---but he always compares it to food back home which is a sure sign of dislike! ha Let's see this week he had more puaka, coco samoa, talo, kumala and otai. That's like all my favorite so I just go hard and he just kinda takes his time! You guys are going to want to smack me when I get home and you see me eat! I think I only used silverware once this week and it was for wheat bix! Other than that--I just be using my hands!! I was on trade off with Elder Toolson again this week and it was really hot and we needed a beverage. The only members close by were a Tongan family from the Saineha ward. That was a mistake ha ha, we went for a drink and ended up having to use our dinner hour!! We had horse...yum! and fish--man it was really nice!
I'm loving the mission. It's still the best thing I've ever done. I like how it's helped in my life. I'm not the same person that's for sure. I love how the mission has been able to help me straighten up. I still have a lot to learn with lots of time to work with so I'm excited to see how it goes. I love you guys and miss you heaps! Have a wonderful week.
Ofa Atu!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment