Sunday, December 21, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Malo e lelei famili!

Great to hear from you all!  It sounds like everyone is doing good and is happy about having school on the 23rd...ha ha ha!  That's crack up! Sounds like the Hobbit is pretty awesome, I can only imagine how awesome it is.  It's good to hear from you all and sounds like you are all well.  I haven't yet received the package but I got a real awesome gift from Aunty Julene!  That was really cool of her.

We had a really good week.  It started with a really boring as P day--nothing to do lately, but today we're playing volleyball with the Saineha ward so that will be entertaining.  Then on Tuesday, we went to the Temple.  That was awesome.  We took the bus down to the Temple and got to hang out with other zones and see our friends that we haven't seen in ages. The bus ride was great.  I was really excited to go because we weren't just doing a session, some of us got to do initiatories so that was a really good experience for me to have a better understanding.  It's sad that that could be the last time for a while to go to the Hamilton Temple.  It's really awesome there--I hope one day you guys will be able to go there.  After the Temple, we got to have a massive lunch in the cafeteria.  I got to catch up with Elder McKeown--ha ha.  That was hilarious, he's the man!  President and Sister Balli took us to Pokeno's--the famous ice cream place.  Elder Tascon and I got the 12 scooper so that was pretty cool!  The Temple trip was great!

Elder Johnson and Elder Tascon

Elder Johnson, Elder Tascon and Elder Perritt
Elder Summers and Elder Johnson


Hamilton Temple


Elder L'heaurex and I had a really cool miracle this past Saturday.  We were walking in a hard out rain storm.  We were walking everywhere trying to find some people in their area that would be keen for a lesson.  We were having no luck.  We were walking down the road and I came across a house.  I had a feeling to go there.  Then Elder L'hearuex said "Oh, I have never seen this house before.  So I turned in to knock on the house.  We knocked on the door and a girl answered.  She was Polynesian so I started inspecting my surroundings.  Sure enough, I saw some Tongan clues.  She's Tongan and just moved in with her Wesleyan (religion) family.  She said they were busy and said to come by another time.  All goods---we said and continued back into the rain.  We tried a few more houses and nothing.  About ten minutes later this van came driving hecka vave (fast) at us.  The man rolled the window down and said, "Elders get in!"  Can do--we said!  He told us that he had just been baptized in August.  He's just visiting from Melbourne and it's his family that is Wesleyan and they just moved in....WHOOOOOOOAAA!  So we went over to his house and they gave us a towel and a milo!  Awesome!  The man and his wife were the only members and they asked us to share a message with his brothers and his niece.  They were all teenagers.  We taught about the Book of Mormon and testified of its truthfulness.  The Spirit was so strong.  I was so happy with how the lesson went.  We were able to answer all of their questions and the Spirit helped us with helping them.  We invited them to church and they came!  Such a testimony builder for me by following the promptings of the Spirit and not walking by that house!  I know that family will end up being baptized in the Lord's time.  I am so grateful for that experience!

Elder Johnson's plate at a birthday party this week


It was a great week.  We had a Stake Missionary Fireside on Friday.  That went really well.  I was in the Tongan choir (ha ha).   Some people got a laugh out of that!

Elder Johnson Singing in the Tongan Choir!

Then we had a Come and See Fireside last night that was awesome.  I got to see some really good friends of mine.  I was excited to see the Lawrence family and I saw Sister Cocker--a girl that Elder Latu and I helped come back to church.  It made me so happy seeing her active and happy.  A great week though!  Christmas is this week.  I look forward to talking to you.  To everyone else--I hope you have a good Christmas.  I miss you all and wish I could come by and visit!  Love you all.

Ofa lahi atu famili!

Love,
Elder Sionesani


No comments:

Post a Comment