We had a really good week. We were able to get quite a bit done actually and had fun doing it. We are still working with Dave and Teresa. We had a lesson with them on Tuesday. It's getting difficult though because they have been taught everything multiple times s we're just going over the same thing. We were able to have a really good lesson with them and really emphasized prayer. That's what they need to do to receive answers. Their grandson, who is 8, got baptized yesterday and they attended so I'm really hoping that they were able to get some answers regarding baptism at their grandson's baptism. They are really awesome. I have loved teaching them and helping them along their journey.
Also this week, we had another trade off with the Assistants--Elder Smith and Elder Tibbitts. It was pretty fun. I was with Elder Smith. He's from Shannon's Stake in California, so that's pretty cool. Plus, we're in the same intake so we have known each other for quite some time. It was a very rainy day and we were getting soaked as. We had made a few good visits earlier in the day and wanted to visit one more family that Elder Smith had taught when he had previously served in the area. It was awesome. We went to a family that Elder De Kock and I have tried to get in contact with but there was no luck. They were home that night when I was with Elder Smith. They let us come in and share a message with them. It was very powerful! Te Wairi is the man's name and I know that family very well. They just recently lost a son and a brother who is one of three boys that the family has lost in the past 10 years. They have gone through heaps in their life. We were able to teach and testify of God's love for them. Amanda (Te Wairi's partner) was crying. The Spirit was very strong. We're going to try and catch up with them this week and get them to church!
So, we just received word that we will be having another mission conference on May 30th. This is awesome for me--I'll be able to say goodbye to everyone! The best part though is that Quentin L. Cook will be coming to speak to our mission! WHOOOOOO! That's like two apostles in three months! So we're either doing really good or really bad, ha ha! That is awesome to have the opportunity to hear from three apostles total as a missionary #blessed :)
That's pretty much the highlights of our week. That and we got smashed in our touch game last week, ha ha! I really thought we were going to be able to hang but these here Maori's are too good at rugby man! Anyway, it's been awesome to hear from you guys. I miss and love you heaps. Tanner good luck in your games this week. You guys got this bro! Remember what I told you at the beginning of your season?? Keep God involved bro! Alma 37:37 "counsel with the Lord in all they doings, and He will direct thee for good" Go get em, aye! Love you guys! Have a wonderful week!
| Whangarei Zone |
Ofa ke ke ma'u ha aho lelei! Ofa atu,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment