Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Last Transfer

Malo etau ma'u ae ho ataa ni and Kia ora famili!  It is such a pleasure to address you this wonderful P day!  Man, Bishop told me the news during the week about Tanner.  That sucks, aye!  I was hoping they would pull through....the other team just must have been praying harder :-) nah, that's alright man....now you can focus on the mission!!  I'm sill so happy that Tanner was able to start his papers.  I'm excited that I will be able to see him receive his calling.  I'm hoping the islands!!  So, I survived another transfer here.  I was pretty sure that I was going to stay seeing as I haven't been here for that long.  I'm gonna die here in Whangarei!!  I'm happy that Elders Finau and Jones will be staying as well!  Those two are like my brothers!  Also, in our zone now we have Elder Katoa, Elder L'Heuruex and Elder Lene.  So we have some awesome new additions :)

Here is the week though--so on Thursday we drove down to Auckland for our transfer meeting.  It was pretty cool to see everyone.  Thank goodness that this Saturday is mission conference so I can see everyone for the last time.  What a blessing!  I get to hear from an Apostle then get to see everyone for the last time.  Sounds good to me!  Like I said, we have some new additions to the zone that are going to help get us to that next level.  So--we should do really well in June.

Elder De Kock and I got a new set this week.  I was on trade off with Elder Lene and we were visiting the Saddler family.  They have their niece from Australia that is staying with them for a long time.  We had an awesome evening with the family.  We taught about the Restoration and how the priesthood has been restored.  We invited her to be baptized on the 13th of June.  So that should be solid!  Here is the funny part---the Saddler family has an 8 year old son that turns 9 on the 11th of June.  So, we may be teaching him as well.  That's hilarious, being active as and then your son is a convert to the church!  Funny as family....I love those guys!

We are still working with Dave and Teresa!  There still at the same point though....kinda stressful but I'm glad that are actually meeting with us and coming to church.  They're going to receive their answer hopefully sometime soon.  We taught more of the Restoration on Saturday.  It was a really good lesson actually.  We helped resolve a couple of concerns so that's good.

Church was good.  We had a few non members and less actives make it.  That's one thing aobut Whangarei that I haven't seen anywhere else on my mission.  When non members or less actives come to church, they are instantly fellowshipped and welcomed so that they feel like coming again.  So that was really cool to see!

Last night when we went to Bishop's house, we were just in time!!  He was Skyping Jake Larson so I was talking to him for a few minutes.  He said that he's moving to Utah on Wednesday and should be able to make it to my homecoming no problem.  He's the man!

That was the excitement of our week.  I hope to have some more good spiritual experiences this week when we see Elder Cook!  I love you guys!  It was good to hear from you.  Have a good week!




Love,
Elder Sionesani

No comments:

Post a Comment