So last week, Monday, Elder De Kock and I had some FHE visits with some of the families in Whangaruru. On our way back we ran over a massive as hare. I told Elder De Kock to pull the car over. I inspected the rabbit and it was a clean kill. I think it just hit his head really hard or something but it was no mess. So, I picked up the rabbit and threw it in the back of the car and we took him home and ate him! That was pretty cool to do!
| Elder Jones, Elder Johnson and Dinner |
| The crime scene |
Early in the week, we had our MLC meeting in Auckland like I mentioned. It was pretty cool being able to catch up with the missionaries I've served with. Man, I love President Balli. He is the man. He is so chill and is realistic, he wants us to set realistic goals which we can actually reach. I loved that because some missionaries set goals for their zones for like 50 baptisms a week--ha ha, and I'm like, let's try to get 10 aye? So, it was awesome to hear President emphasize being realistic in goal setting. While we were in Auckland, we went and visited Elder Finau's family. They live in our mission--that is so crazy to me. I can't imagine you guys living in my mission. Anyways, we got there and they gave us some Tongan food that I was desperately craving! Of course, they didn't speak any English so I was really depending on the Spirit to help me out. Thank goodness I was! It's hard when I haven't been around Tongans for ages. The next day when we were headed back to Whanarei, they got us heaps of shopping...so we have so much food for once!
| MLC |
We had a really good couple of lessons this week with this new family that we have been working with. They are a part member family and really good friends with Bishop. What a perfect fellowship. We were with Bishop a few times this week as he and his family hosted us one night for a lesson with them and also came to a lesson at our investigators house. I think that they are close to coming back to church and Jade's wife is getting baptized. So, that's one of our focuses for this week!
We're still working with Dave and Teresa. They're progressing really well. I'm still trying to figure out what more that we can do for them to help them progress to baptism, but I know that the Lord is taking care of all of that. All he wants us to do is love them and teach them. We still invite them as well as the members, so it's all in the Lord's time. (but I hope that it's soon and that I'm still here ha ha). Get this, Dave invited us to go to the Fifa under 20's games with him that are at the end of this month. We're going to ask President if we may attend with our investigator ha ha!
Things are going good. We're staying really busy in our area which is really good. I love the people that we're teaching and also the missionaries that I'm living with--ha ha, crack up dudes. I'm excited to talk to yous next week. Hopefully I can Skype, but if not, talking will be just as good. I hope all is well back home.
Love and miss you heaps!
Ofa Atu,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment