Monday, June 8, 2015

Zone Conference

Kia ora kia ora whanau!  Man, I'm so sorry about yesterday.  I totally spaced that we would be having Zone Conference yesterday and didn't remember to tell you.  So, I'm sorry about that.  It's wonderful to hear from you guys.  It sounds like everyone is hanging in there.  Man, that's pretty scary about Brynney passing out...that's never happened before.  I'm really excited for Kaden, though.  Man, good luck on your driving test buddy!  You're the man!  I know his birthday is coming up so that should be an awesome sweet 16 aye!  If you save me a piece of cake, I could probably have it when I get back and it will still taste alright!  ha ha...Nah, I hope you have a good day, buddy!

Our week was pretty good, but it went by really fast.  We are still dong the same ol same ol in Whangaruru.  It's been pretty tough to be honest this past little bit.  Everyday feels the same, we see the same people at almost the same time if not every day--every other day...so it's easy to go a little nuts.  Elder De Kock and I were talking about the area that we serve in and how other missionaries in the past have gotten hard out depressed---not that it's a bad area (it is totally awesome), but because it's not really a high baptizing area nor a talk with a lot of people/teach a lot of people area.  To be honest, it hits you some days...me more than Elder De Kock because I've been here a while and I know everyone, plus their livestock!  We were reflecting on the work that we've done and I haven't really written to you guys about it because it's not the "our investigators and our experiences teaching them stuff".  We have done so much, we feel.  We have three individuals that are actively coming back to church!  Two of the three are still struggling with the Word of Wisdom, but hey they're coming to church and making an attempt.  The other one, man, she is awesome.  She is a single mom and has been through heaps of hard times in her life and has recently been coming to church.  She has a calling, she has quit her addictions (we think), she's speaking in Sacrament meetings and is preparing for the temple!  Sometimes, as a missionary you don't really take notice of that kind of success.  I realized this week that what we have been doing for our less actives has been awesome.  It really makes me happy to see that they are happy.  So--we are actually doing really well in our area.

Yesterday was Zone Conference and I had the opportunity to conduct the meeting.  That kinda freaked me out a bit but it was a good experience.  We learned some pretty cool stuff.  President Balli ran us through a course deal on this new secret weapon for teaching.  It was perfect for us.  We got to try it out last night with Dave and Teresa.  What we did was asked them to think of one question each that they had about anything really.  Then we assigned them a chapter from the Book of Mormon that would help them find an answer.  We totally found two that are going to smash them with the Spirit if they read it, ha ha!  I'm excited to try this new secret weapon out on our other investigators.

So, last night we set Kali!  So, hopefully I will be able to see one more baptism before I finish!

That was pretty much our week though!  It was awesome!  It was good to hear from yous.  Hope you have a good week.  Sorry again that I forgot to tell yous I wasn't going to be able to email.  I love you guys--have a good week!

Getting Stuck

Ponchos from the Saddlers




Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment