Sunday, June 21, 2015

My Heart is Being Ripped Out

Well everyone, the day has come....today is the last email of the mission!  I could write for ages but I'll try to keep it short!  I can't really explain the feelings that I'm having, aye!  A part of me is very excited to come home and to see you guys.  The other part of me feels like my heart is being ripped out.  It is very hard for me to really comprehend that I've served a mission for two years.  Everyday has been a piece of this wonderful adventure.  I wouldn't trade the things that I've learned or the experiences that I have had for anything.

I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to serve a mission.  It was honestly the best thing I have ever done.  It definitely was the hardest thing I have ever done, as well.  I think we can relate the mission experience to life.  We go through life experiencing a lot of joy and fun, just like the mission.  Then you have the times in life where it's really hard, you struggle, we all struggle.  Same in the mission--there isn't a missionary who has never struggled.  As we turn and give everything to the Lord and we ENDURE TO THE END so much happiness awaits us.  If we endure it well, we will experience an Eternal and Everlasting Happiness.  We will be able to experience a sliver of that when we get to see each other again next week.

So, I am forever grateful for the things that I have been able to learn.  My views on everything in life have completely changed.  I understand that we do have a Savior and that He loves us more than we could ever comprehend.  I know sometimes it's hard to feel that or at least it was for me.  I remember the day when I was serving in Papatoetoe going through a really hard time, that I felt the Savior's love for me.  It was a feeling that you can't receive from anyone or anything but the Holy Ghost only.  We feel those feelings and have those experiences from the Holy Ghost so when we are in doubt or are in some need, we can reflect on times in our lives where we know that there is a God...the help we need is there when we act in faith.

Honestly though, this has been so amazing.  I'm so grateful for the people that I can call family--that I have gotten to know and love.  The people of New Zealand are amazing.  I am going to miss everyone so much.  I can't wait for the day that you can meet my massive family over here.  I'm grateful for the love and support from members and families who would honestly do anything for the missionaries.  I never went hungry here, Mom!

Well, I need to go grab a few things, so I will just close with my testimony.

I know for a fact and with all of my heart that this church is true.  This is the Lord's church that has been restored for us in these latter days.  The Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel and we have been blessed with it as another witness that Jesus is the Christ and by reading it we can develop an actual relationship with God through prayer and self application.  Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.  He restored the Kingdom of God here on the earth.  I know families can be together forever.  I know that the temple is the house of God and it is there where families are sealed by the Priesthood power of God which has also been restored.  I love you all so much!  Thanks for all of your support these past two years.  I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Surprise video from the Semenoff Family:





Love,
Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment