So this was a really good, fun week! Tuesday we traveled down to Auckland for our mission conference. It was so good! President Hallstrom was there from the Seventy. He talked about things that really helped me. He talked about stress and not to run faster than we are able. It was really good, I took notes, actually ha, so I was tuned in! It was so, so good to see everyone as well. I saw everyone from the MTC. It was actually at the MTC so it was really fun to be back there and to see everyone. They all said that I've changed heaps since the MTC so I guess I'm changing! ha ha. OH and I was able to see and talk with ELDER VILIAMU!! That was sweet--it was so good to see him and to hear about how my last areas are and how the families are doing. Everything is all good so that makes me happy!
I was able to go on a trade off with Elder Denkers (my zone leader) and we had such a good time spending time in his area and teaching lessons with him! He's really, really good and I was able to learn from him. As for my area, things are going a little slow, but we're still trying really hard and doing everything that we are supposed to so I know that we will be blessed with new investigators soon. Rani was supposed to be baptized this weekend, but she was smoking this week! We went to go see her and she was honest with us and told us that she had been smoking! Addictions are Satan's powerful tool. BUT, I know as we keep putting our faith in the Lord that He will help her, so hopefully this weekend!
So, after my trade off with Elder Denkers, President called him and asked if he could speak to me.....SSSSHHHHWWWWWOOOAAAH! ha ha I was talking with him and he asked me how I would feel to train a brand new missionary! I was so excited and said, you'd better believe it, President! So, this past Friday, me and Elder Simmons drove down to Auckland to President's house with ELDER TAYLOR!! (Whoo my old zone leader) With us was Elder Viliamu's new comp and Elder Donaldson so it was fun to catch up. At the meeting, there was an amazing breakfast and we went on with the meeting. It was really fun to be with the other trainers. This means that me and Elder McKeown are being split up....sad cause I really like him! He's a great missionary and I'm glad I got to serve with him. I'm really glad for this opportunity I have now to train a freshy! ha ha
| Elder Johnson and Elder Fitzsimmons returning from Trainer Meeting |
| Trainer Meeting with President and Sister Lekias |
| Elder Johnson and Elder McKeown Last P day together |
| Working hard--true personalities (Elder Johnson and Elder McKeown |
It's been so good to hear from you. We need to get onto our day though--have an amazing week. I love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment