Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fear No Man

Hello you guys!  Good again to hear from you all!  Sounds like everyone is doing Ka Pa!  How's Chewie?  I'm glad you guys got that video from Sister Paengatou, her son Josh just turned his phone camera on and said, "say hello to your family," ha ha, it was good.  Just kinda rushed, aye!  she is an amazing lady.  She's from the Cook Islands originally and she takes really good care of us.  She feeds us and she hemmed my pants.  She got us gifts and stuff in case we got transferred, but luckily, I'm here!  There is still a lot of work that needs to be done in this area and I guess the Lord saw it fit that me and Elder Fell stay another transfer.  So, I'm looking forward to that.  Last night was another Come and See fireside.  Sadly, our investigators didn't show up so we ended up leaving to go back and work in our area.  I was able to see Elder Tibbetts and Elder McKeown!  Man, I missed him, I haven't seen him in ages, but he's doing well and loving the mission just like me!



We had a pretty good week though.  It was very hot and we get tired a lot during the day, but it's good to keep pushing the work.  I know we will be blessed for our labors even if we aren't very successful in this area.  I had an experience this week that was a new one for me.  I was studying in D&C and I came across a scripture ah, I forget where it is at the moment, but it was talking about missionary work and how many people will be against us and some may threaten us and stuff like that.  It said to fear no man and that really stuck out to me--sometimes people or situations can be intimidating.  Well, later that day, we were visiting this really less active member.  He is 66 years old and he's trying to quit smoking as well as have a better relationship with God.  Anyways, we were at his house having a good ol' chat when all of a sudden his son rolls up.  His son is in his 40's.  My bike was in his way so I went and moved it on the lawn.  He pulled up next to me and said get out of here and never come back.  I asked him who he was and he told me that he was Andrew's son and I needed to leave or he was gonna use force.  When he said that, it angered me because he was saying some other things about Mormons and I wanted to tell him off, but I thought maybe we should just leave....but then, the words of that verse came to my mind, "fear no man," so boldly.  I asked him who owned this house, he said his father and I said, well the owner of this house invited us over so we will stay, thanks.  He threatened to run over our bikes.  I said do it, I need a new one anyways and I'd be happy to pick one out with his money ha ha ha.  Anyways, Andrew told his son to shut up and that we were his friends.  Currently, we're helping Andrew stop smoking and bringing him back.  I know that missionaries get heaps of things that come in the way of helping bring souls unto Christ.  We need to be bold because we know that it is just Satan working on people.

Hopefully next week I will be able to email you guys about Andrew at church and also Rob with a baptismal date.  Until then, have a great week.  I love and miss you so much, I'm doing great here and I love it!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment