Sunday, February 9, 2014

I Have Had Some Pretty Intense Studies Lately

Hello, my amazing family!  So good to hear from you on yet another beloved P'day! (which is much needed, I might add!)  This week has been very warm and very slow.  Not an awful lot has been going on, so I'm going to just write about my personal conversion so far since being on my mission.  I have learned so much about the gospel.  Lately, at night time after planning, I'll just lay outside our back door in the grass and look at the stars and just ponder things.  I'm able to look at the week so far and see where I'm at spiritually.  I really enjoy it, really time to just think about what I want to do better and where I want to be spiritually by the end of the week.  I have had some pretty intense studies lately, ha, you guys know how I am and how I get into things!  That's how I have been with studies lately.  I really like applying things to me and where I'm at and there is plenty of that in the scriptures. 

I would like to challenge all of you to really have effective scripture study!  It makes it so much more personal and it's easier to remember what you are studying :-)

We've been visiting the same families and they're progressing really well actually.  The only thing that keeps them from being baptized is really just little things like Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity and other silly things, but I know that as we continue to teach them the Spirit will testify and it will be easy for them to make choices.

Ha, here is a funny story!  As I was laying outside the other night, this crazy lady that lives next door poked her head over the fence and started chewing me out!  It scared me to death at first...she was saying things like "return my father's head, you blankin' Mormon"...I said, "excuse me?" ha ha,  She went rambling on about all of these weird accusations sayin' she had me on camera trying to rob her house (ha ha) well, the Bishop's wife (we live in a little garage behind the Bishop's house) she heard the racket and came outside and freaked out on the lady--ha ha--it was awesome!  There are some crazy people here!

Even though I have slow weeks and there isn't a lot to talk about, I still love it!  I'm serving in the best mission among some real amazing people that I have met.  I pray continually for strength and for the Spirit to help people and for them to be willing to listen!

I love you all so much!  I hope you have an amazing week.  Thank you for all that you do!

Love,
Elder Johnson

Ana Hera saying "Good Morning, Eldas" (She is the Bishop's little girl)

Reenactment of what this kid did the first time we went over--ha ha, we're now friends and we just laugh about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment