Sunday, February 2, 2014

Man, This Week Has Been Great!

Greetings from Middle-Earth!  Man, weeks are just flying by, aye?  It seems like just a few days ago I was talking with yous!  I like that picture of you guys at Family Home Evening, everyone is looking so grown up and I'm digging that Sharks hat, aye, sweet as---feel free to get me one of those :-)  This week has been great!  Elder Fell and I have been getting trained by a Rugby trainer every morning.  He's a tanked Samoan who's helping us beef up ha ha, he makes Matt Rhea look like an idiot ha.  It's been nice though, to be able to work out and see fast results!

This week was an amazing one.  I'm feeling full missionary mode.  I was able to go on another trade off with Elder Katoa.  We're like bro's he and I.  We had a great time but we still got a lot done.  This area is still really slow, but it's starting to pick up.  We have been visiting our bro, Alex Jenkins.  He is 88 and from the UK.  He's hilarious and still very much into women!  He was baptized in March last year so I don't know if he still fully understands some things, but he's a crack up!  We went over there the other day and helped him set lds.org as his home page and also showed him some temples on google earth.  He was pumped!  He loves us coming over and visiting him.  In church on Sunday, he told the sisters that we've been helping him on his computer and they were shocked to hear the news because we are not supposed to use member's computers.  He is 88 and we were helping him so I didn't see the harm in it.  Anyways, she went and told the Zone Leaders and they called me and just let me hear it.  I was so angry with the way I was treated about that because we didn't do anything wrong!  They told me I can "fess up to President" or they will--so I said I'll do it then!  I called President and told him everything and he just said, so what did you do wrong? There's nothing wrong with that.  Some missionaries, man!  When I'm a leader, I'm NOT going to be like that!  I'm currently staying away from the sisters for a bit to avoid anything to make the Spirit leave because I've really felt it lately!

Sunset

Elder Katoa and Elder Johnson

Elder Katoa and Elder Johnson
 


This week we went to go and visit my Maori bro, Julian.  He's less active but really trying to come back.  He gave us some raw fish!  Yum!  He cleaned the fish and pulled out the kidneys and said here bro--ha, of course I ate it!  I'm hori as ha ha, he's a stud!

That same night, I had one of the most spiritual moments that I've had so far on my mission.  I'll just write what I wrote in my journal so I don't miss anything.  Tonight was really special for me.  It was about 8:00 and Elder Fell and I both decided we should go visit Sheree and Rob.  Sheree is a less active member and her partner (Rob) is an investigator.  (They're Maori!!)  Whooo!  Anyways, we went to visit and when we got there, I knocked on the door.  I heard Hone (Sheree's 4 year old son) struggling to open the door.  Weird, I thought, normally he just opens it up and hugs us.  Sheree came and opened the door and she had tears in her eyes.  She explained to us that Hone has to wear a patch on his eye (cause it's hard out cross eyed) and he can't see at the moment.  She was struggling watching her son struggle.  I comforted her by telling her that my mom works with kids like him for her job.  I also shared about Kaden and Brynn, that's the first time on my mission I've shared about their disability.  I then offered to give little Hone a blessing.  She was excited when I offered because her being a member-- she knows about the Priesthood.  So with Rob present, Elder Fell and I offered Hone a blessing.  As I was giving the blessing, I noticed more words coming to me for me to say than normal.  I felt a lot more in tune with the Spirit than I've ever been.  I could hear Sheree sobbing as I was speaking and I was really glad Rob was there for that experience.  After the blessing, Hone ran and hugged his mom.  Rob said that the blessing was very powerful.  He then told us he really hurt his back at work and if a blessing would help him.  I told him to come have a seat--ha!  I offered another blessing.  Same thing happened, the words I said were powerful and I knew that they were for him.  My body was numb and my heart on fire!  After the blessing, he hugged me and I noticed tears in his eyes!  Wow, we said pomarie (goodnight) and made our way back to the shire (ha).  While we were walking, Sheree came out and yelled, "Rob is moving his back! That's a miracle! and it was!  That was a really amazing experience!

Just yesterday after church, we had a lesson with a girl named, Mounga.  We taught her the Restoration and set her for baptism.  That made me so happy!  So, things are really going great at the moment.  We could still use some help from the ward, but other than that, nothing to complain about!

That was my week.  I'm a witness of the truthfulness of this Gospel.  I know it with all my heart that this church is true and living by it's standards may not be recognized as the cool thing to do in the world we live in, but I know that it's the right thing!  The people who have chosen the right ever since the Bible and the Book of Mormon days have been made fun of, hated and even killed, it's part of the game, but I love this experience of being a missionary!

Elder Johnson

I love you all so much and I hope everything is sweet as back home.  Keep doing things together, it makes me happy!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment