Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mission Conference

Kia Orana my amazing whanau!  I hope that you are all as well as I am!  I'm so grateful for p days and that I'm able to get in contact with you guys.  Makes me happy as!  I also heard from all of the bro's that are out there as well.  They're doing good and they are having success!  The success here in Mangere isn't so swell.....we had Ward Council yesterday and we double cover the ward with the Sister missionaries.....bless their hearts......ha, well their side of the ward is all islanders and humble as people who are  more than willing to let us in and feed us and what not....but our side--it's a bunch of white people who are cocky as and don't want anything to do with God.  Well, the Sisters reported this big whole week of their progress and people they're teaching that took 15 minutes, but then when it was Elder Fell and I's turn...we just said, uh yeah, we need help!  We're teaching one person--everyone else dropped us!  So, ha, it was a pretty stressful week.  We went and contacted a "golden referral" from the Sisters that turned out to not be so golden.  The guy said look at my house, look at my car, I make such and such a year---and you think I need God?  I said you need a couple things...and a humbling experience hopefully, ha ha!

My Tongan Sistas


On the other hand, we had MISSION CONFERENCE!  Whoooo that was much needed.  I was able to see and visit my friends from around the mission.  It was so good to be able to see them.  Elder McKeown was fun to see.  I miss that guy!  Elder Viliamu is doing good.  Man, he goes home soon.  I would love to be in the same district as him again.  He's a bro!  The actual meeting was great.  We heard from Elder Pearson of the 70 and man, he had a really good talk for us about not getting discouraged and just to keep going.  Then Elder Andersen was the man.  He is funny and he is truly called of God.  Such an amazing guy and the stuff that he said was for me.  So that was really good.

I found my bro--Elder McKeown


Things are going a little slowly but I'm happy.  We have an amazing ward, a fun district and I know this is where I need to be so I'm just carrying on.  I love it here.  I hope and pray that you guys are doing good.  I also hope that you guys are helping with the work of salvation.  It's important y'all!  I love and miss you guys heaps...take care and have an amazing week!

Me right now (he sent this after Brynn and I sent a picture of us right now)

His response to Tanner & Kaden's picture--I'll sack slap ya both


Arohauni,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment