Malo Lelei!
It's good to hear from you! Man, sounds like I missed out on some excitement this week. Sounds like Tanner is just the man, aye! That is so cool. I'm glad that everyone is doing good though. Seems like you are all doin' well.
Things over on this side are going great. I'm loving serving with Elder Latu, he's an awesome missionary and we get along just great! I'm really enjoying our house. Today before emails, Elder Mathew and I sprayed the whole house with flea killer. We had fun doing that. I have so many scars, it's not even funny. Those stupid little things. After our spring clean, we should be ka pai all good on the flea problem.
Wow, what a great week. On Tuesday, we had interviews with President Lekias. They went great, it's weird cause that was my last interview with President Lekias. I love him and I will really miss him and Sister Lekias. After interviews, I went on a trade off with one of my favorite missionaries. Elder Aruvilla, he is from Vanuatu and he is a CRACK UP! I'll get a picture with him so you can see him, but he really reminds me of Gary Coleman! He's just always so happy and always laughing. So fun to be around so that was a great trade off!
All of our investigators with baptismal dates are doing great. Zack and Leonda will be getting baptized this Saturday. Whooooo, I'm so excited for them. They are so happy and I love being able to see the change that the Gospel has on people. So I am very excited for that.
Man, how awesome was Conference, aye!? WOW! I loved attending Conference. Being on a mission, I have really come to enjoy Conference as I've grown to understand or comprehend rather that these men that address us actually commune with GOD! That is incredible. Their not just talks that they print off of Wikipedia, but they are topics inspired from God. WOW! I loved hearing the messages, especially Elder Anderson and Elder Oaks in Priesthood session, he nailed it! I left those meetings just in awe. So amazing and I'm so grateful for those men. The best of all.....Jeffrey R. Holland! STUD! He is the man, I love his testimony. Thanks to him and listening to and reading some of his talks from the past really help me strengthen my testimony and have a greater love for the Book of Mormon and also for being a member. We can all apply the things that we learn from Conference to our lives. As we seek the council that our leaders give us, we will stay well put on the straight and narrow. I love being a member of the one and only true church. Like Jeffrey R. Holland said a while ago in one of his talks...."Now, I did not sail with the brother of Jared in crossing an ocean, settling in a new world, I did not hear King Benjamin speak his angelically delivered sermon. I did not proselyte with Alma and Amulek nor witness the fiery death of innocent believers. I was not among the Nephite crowd who touched the wounds of the resurrected Lord, nor did I weep with Mormon and Moroni over the destruction of an entire civilization. But my testimony of this record and the peace it brings to the human heart is as binding and unequivocal as was theirs. like them, "I give my name unto the world, to witness unto the world that which I have seen" And like them, "I like not, God bearing witness of it"
I love you guys so much! Keep doing awesome...have an amazing week!
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment