Sunday, April 27, 2014

This Week Was a Pretty Crazy One.....

Hello Family!

Another P day has come, whoooooo!  I'm glad to hear that you guys were able to have a great week.  What the heck happened to the tree at MC--ha, that looks crazy!  I'm so jealous that those turkeys got to go to Scotty McCreery!  That was probably sweet as!  Man, this week was a pretty crazy one...

Early this week, on Tuesday, our whole house was at our different district meetings.  Everything was sweet as, we had a good Spirit felt meeting and then we began our 24 hour trade off.  So, Elder Manu and I went and got hair cuts during lunch and then headed back to the flat.  Just to my surprise, when I got there, Elder Mathew yelled, "Elder Johnson where have you been?"  I told him where I was and he said that we had been robbed.  I looked at the front door and the window was smashed in and the door was open.  I immediately ran to check on my jerseys and just as I suspected, my Joe Thornton jersey was missing from my closet!  I was enraged, not only did he steal my stuff, but the room was a mess.  Garments were thrown on the floor, pictures of Jesus were ripped up.  I began going through more of my things and I began to get even more mad.  My brand new coat that I haven't really been able to wear yet was stolen and also my Rockwell watch.  That's over $800 worth of stuff.  Me and Elder Mathew were the only ones that got things stolen from us and we wanted to talk to the police because they were on their way.  My other leader said oh don't worry we will let the police know about it--go out and work and don't let it affect the work or make you lose focus.  I said, um no, I'll stay and let the police know about my missing things...thanks! ha  I'm really upset because this week has been freezing at night time and I'm out of a coat!  The Sharks jersey would be easy to find if the dummy wears it...ha he better hope the police find him before I do....thank goodness I sent those Hobbit coins home because I know he would have taken those and then I would have really been mad!  We've been praying and hoping that we get our stuff back.  I let some of the members know and asked if they had an old coat at their house that I could use and an amazing family is going to get me a new one....such a blessing!
The Smash

Elder Manu and Elder Johnson

Other than that, we had a really good week.  I felt the Spirit a lot during our teaching this week.  We had a lot of lessons with new investigators that went amazing.  One of them is named Hera.  He is an Indian man who is of Hindu belief which means he believes God isn't a man.  We taught him and testified of the Savior (on the side of the road) and he started crying and he kissed us on the head which was really weird, but I didn't care because he felt the Spirit so strongly.  We have another appointment with him tomorrow and we are going to invite him for baptism.

Hannah and Summer

"Brain Sucker"

We hosted a Ward fireside last night.  Me, my comp, Elder Jarnagin and Elder Bashara, because we're all in the same ward.  We each gave a ten minute talk on one point from the Restoration lesson.  I taught about the Restoration of the Book of Mormon.  It went well, except when I introduced myself, my voice totally squeaked and everyone laughed!  Ha, it was so embarrassing...but I don't care!  It was really good.  There were heaps of investigators there.  I even saw some people cry when I shared the First Vision, so that's good, aye!  Today for p day we're going to track down my stuff.  If we're lucky we might get to do some laying on of hands---ha ha ha ha, jokes!  I have big Tongan members that told me to call them if I see the ones with my stuff, ha, so yeah, hopefully!

I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!

Love you,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment