Sunday, April 20, 2014

Malo e Lelei

Hey you guys!  I'm really happy that I was able to hear from you today.  I love Mondays so much!  I was also able to hear from most of my friends.  They are doing really well in their various locations.  That makes me happy!  I'm really glad to hear that you all had really good weeks.  My week was really good as well!  I had some really good experiences.

So, the week before investigators get baptized is always really tough for them for some reason ha ha nah, it's because Satan tempts them so much.  So we went and visited Leonda, especially, three times a day.  He's had to quit smoking and some other things so we made sure to be there for him... just in case he got tempted.  At his baptism interview with Elder Neiderer, he told him that he smoked the day before--which is okay we just had to really help him understand that he can't do that!  So the next day, we went to visit him and I offered him a blessing.  It was really cool.  I told him that the desire to smoke would leave him.  The Spirit was really strong.  He said it was really powerful and he didn't smoke anymore.  He was able to be baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday.  So awesome!  Zack was golden, there was no struggle with him....besides his less active mother, but we're hoping that this will bring her back to church.
Elder Latu, Zack, Elder Johnson and Leonda

It was really cool being able to baptize both of them.  That was my first one on the mission so I was really excited.  The ward was really good about coming to support them.  There were so many people there that brought food and helped them feel welcome to the ward!  Such a great day!

Yesterday was a Come and See Fireside.  It was so good, aye!  It was an Easter based one, obviously.  We were able to take a couple investigators to it.  They really enjoyed it.  Now all we need to do is break them up or get them married so they can get baptized!  I'm hoping to break them up :-) ha ha.  I was able to see so many people afterwards.  Elder Viliamu (that was awesome), Elder McKeown, and Elder Felt also my old ward!  That was much needed.  Even 88 year old Alex came just to see me!  That made me happy!  I also saw Bishop and his family and their daughter, Alicia, went to the temple this week!  That's awesome!  I was really excited to see them!  I love Sister Ahokovi, she came and found me and bought Elder Latu and I lunch!!

Our District
Elder Johnson, Elder Aruvilla, Sister Johnson (went to Sky View), Sister Eziekiella, Elder Latu and Elder Manu

The Flat
Elder Johnson, ?, Elder Jarnigan, Elder Bashara, Elder Latu

The Whole Flat
Elder Bashara, Elder Jarnigan, Zone Leaders, Elder Latu, Elder Johnson

It was a really good week.  I am still so happy to be a servant of the Lord in the best country in the world.  I absolutely love this place.  I have truly been blessed!  I love you all so much and I hope that you remain safe and taken care of.  Have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Johnson

PS  I got that package!  Sister Lekias said it was from Bishop Stevenson and I was like what?  Thank you so much! (Bishop Stevenson is from our Stake--some of our friends know them well and told us they were traveling to New Zealand so we sent a little Easter package for Elder Johnson)

No comments:

Post a Comment