Sunday, May 18, 2014

Malo e Lelei Famili

Man it has been really good to hear from you!  I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well.  Especially them boys round here--Mustangs!  Good on the boys!  You're gonna have to tell them I say keep doing work!  We had a really good week!  Elder Larson and I--we worked hard and played hard :-)

This week was really, really good!  We're getting in a really good routine here at the house.  Us and the Zone leaders get up at 6:00 and do some really rough workouts.  We are training and pushing each other so it's been really cool hanging with them in the mornings!  Then we smash us some protein shakes :-)  So, I've been feeling really good lately, getting a good night's rest everynight and being able to stay active all day!

So, funny story.  Elder Larson actually started his mission here in this area a year ago and he remembers where some of the potential investigators live.  So we went and visted the first one he could remember--her name is Debbie.  She's the funniest lady I've ever taught--so keen to change her life around and become a member of the church.  We set her for baptism on the 7th of June right on her door step.  We're really excited for her she's gonna be great!  She has flat mates that are interesting so we will be respectful but sometimes it's hard not to laugh!  :-)

Another investigator we are really excited about is a 19 year old girl name Jane.  She has been meeting with us for a couple weeks now and is really progressing well.  She was kinda shy when it was Elder Latu and I, but she is really comfortable around Elder Larson and I.  We plan to rock her world with the Restoration this week.  The Spirit is always so strong in that lesson so I'm really excited to see how that goes.  One thing that is somewhat difficult is that her parents are ministers at a LIFE church so their not too keen on us!  They're nice to us, but just the typical "we don't wanna hear you" type people.

We had a great miracle this week.  As Elder Larson and I were heading to the Pole family's house, I saw a man that looked very familiar.  So, I yelled his name from across the street.  It was kinda dark and he said Malei?  yep, then I knew it was him so I said, Malei faifekau which means hey, it's the missionaries.  He was a Tongan man that we used to teach in my last area with Sister Ahokovi.  Well, while I was in my last area we went to visit him and his landlord had kicked him out.  I found him in this area! With plenty of Tongan members that will help us with him.  So, I'm stoked about that!

Last night, we had a Come and See Fireside.  It was amazing!  We took Jane and Debbie to it and it was amazing.  Three recent converts got up and shared their conversion story and the Brown Hymn Book sang and it was amazing!  I was able to see all of my former companions!  That was possibly the last time I'll see Elder Viliamu--sad, but it was really fun!

It was a really good week.  I love serving with Elder Larson--we're doing work!  I love you guys and I miss you heaps.  I loved talking with you last week and I'm glad you're happy! 

Ofa Atu--Go Mustangs!!!

Love,
Elder Johnson

Oh, by the way, yesterday was Stake Conference for all of New Zealand and the Prophet spoke to just New Zealand!  It was awesome!

Otara, Tamaki, Manukau and Papatoetoe Zone Conference Elder Johnson is near the back on the left!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment