Sunday, May 25, 2014

Do You Know Who We Work For?

Malo lelei famili!

Good to hear from each of you!  Man, sounds like everybody had somewhat of a down week, aye!?  I'm sorry to hear about the games....I feel bad for Tanner and the rest of the boys.  Sorry to hear that everyone is pretty upset about it....but there is something to be happy about and that is the Gospel!  I've come to learn that no matter what it is you are going through, the Gospel/Atonement is there to help you!  Don't worry Tanner, you will get them next year!!

I'm so happy to be able to hear from you guys today.  So this week was a pretty good one.  We have been able to continue to work hard together and to get a few more investigators.  We talked with this man the other day who wasn't so much interested in the gospel...which is fine, his choice, but we asked him if he knew anyone in the area who we could go and visit.  He said, yes, actually.  There is a house with a boarded up window where a man got a hiding (??) there the other day and was killed.  He said you should go see how the family is doing.  Wow, we went to the house a few days later and talked with a woman who lived there.  She was Maori, pretty nice, but you can tell she is pretty hard core...gang member who wants out and she has been going through really hard times with her nephew being the one who was killed and earlier that day her mother was diagnosed with cancer.  She really needs some peace in her life.  We talked with her and addressed our care for her and also the Savior's care for her and her situation.  She was so happy to see us and happy that we cared enough for her to stop by.  We set up an appointment for tomorrow at 1:00 and started to leave.  As we were leaving, this grown man, gang member approaches Elder Larson and says, "gimme your bike!"  Elder Larson was a little thrown off, didn't know if he was for real or not, so he said, "no sorry, I need it!"  The man got closer to him than said, "gimme your money!"  Now Elder Larson is a bro--and I wasn't comfortable watching him get bullied by this man.  I told him, "haere atu" which means get lost and he asked if I wanted trouble.  I said, "Do you? do you know who we work for?  Wanna know what would happen if some of our members (Brother Taani--huge as) saw that someone hurt us, you'd be in trouble alright."  ha ha The man just swore at us and continued on his way.  That area isn't the best but honestly, we are so protected!  So we just go around there and put up with some abuse....but we were able to help someone which makes it worth it!

We are still seeing Debbie.  She is slowly progressing, we are making sure that she is ready for the 7th!  We are so excited for Debbie.  She has had a pretty rough life and she is giving all of her time and her focus to the Lord.  I love seeing that happiness that she has in her life!  The ward is really looking after her and making sure that she is comfortable and not feeling at all left out.  We're just loving our ward for their help.

Things are going great here.  Changing more everyday.  I love the changes for the better that I've made.  I really don't even think the same as I used too, but it's all good!  I know that as we study daily, pray daily and try to notice God's hand in our lives that we WILL be happy.  We will definitely have hard times but we will have the strength and a knowledge of how to handle the situation.  I love you guys and I look forward to hearing from yous next week!

OFA LAHI ATU

Elder Johnson said, "I tried to cook pizza this week......why didn't you teach me anything!"   (Oh, we tried!!  He never wanted to learn!)

No comments:

Post a Comment