Sunday, May 4, 2014

Two New Maori Investigators

Hello family!  Man, it's good to hear from you guys.  I'm really excited to be able to talk to you next week...whoooohoooo!  It's gonna be sweet as!  Sorry it's taking me a while it's raining hard out here and the internet be laggin, ha!  Sounds like you guys had a good week-glad baseball and all that is going good!

We had a really good week.  We were able to talk with 148 people on the roads and got some really good potential investigators out of it.  The people that we are visiting at the moment are doing pretty good....just  little things like smoking or drinking stuff like that that are holding them back....so we just got to help them overcome that.  We were able to have some really good lessons though.  We have two new Maori investigators--they're sisters, Jewelz and Roxanne.  They can actually speak their language--whoohoo.  So for the first time in ages, I was able to talk in Maori a little bit.  They're really good, really keen.  They're only hold up is they're too into the world.  You would be surprised with kids here.  They're all tatted, they're all parents or close to becoming and Satan just has such a huge impact on them...and we are able to notice that.  Another thing that they struggle with, I haven't had anyone with this concern since I was up North, the Maori people are very spiritual.  They have gods for everything--ocean, trees, earthquakes, food, just everything so we're really trying to help them understand that there is one God.  It is really hard and we have to be sensitive because, trust me, you don't wanna give any Maori the impression that you are dissing their culture or telling them that they believe wrong!  No good!  We had some really spiritual lessons with them.  Elder Manu is with us until transfers because his companion, Elder Aruvilla, finished!  So we were able to each bear strong testimonies of the truthfulness of the Gospel.  Three strong as testimonies and two coming from missionaries who can barely speak English and the Spirit was so strong.  It was awesome!  Roxanne and Jewelz came to church yesterday and  we will be meeting with them during the week.  Awesome!  Oh and Leonda is getting ready to receive the priesthood!  So great!

Transfers are on Thursday already....man, I'm really hoping I can stay.  Six weeks and you pretty much know the area and start to enjoy it.  I would hate to just pack up and leave again!  Pretty sure I'll stay though.

Sorry not too exciting or long, but I'm happy and I'm really enjoying the work!  I miss you all so much.  I'm looking forward to talking to you on Sunday!

Love you guys,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment