Sunday, June 15, 2014

I Felt The Spirit So Strong

Hello you guys!  How we doin?  I was sure glad to hear from each of you guys.  It sounds like everyone had an amazing week.  Tanner, Dad and Kaden got to have some really good times---Happy Happy Birthday, Kaden!  I was thinking about you buddy!  I hope that it was a good one--as for me, I am still living the life here in the big and wonderful NZ!

We had a wonderful week again!  We were able to talk with a lot of wonderful people that we are hoping to get progressing.  Kind of a slow week this one, but I was able to feel the Spirit a lot.  This past week our zone had a goal to have every companionship have a new set by the 12th.  It was the evening of the 12th and Elder Larson and I hadn't gotten a new set yet.  We were calling it a night and heading back to the flat.  When we reached the flat at nine o'clock, I had such a strong prompting to go back out for a few more minutes.  I said, "Elder Larson, let's go back out for about 10 more minutes, I have a feeling we should."  Sweet as---so we start walking down the road looking for someone to talk to.  I told Elder Larson that the first person I saw, I was going to lead a convo towards baptism.  Then I'm going to invite them to be baptized!  Then I look up and there is someone in our path.  Man, I jumped for the opportunity and began speaking with him.  His name is Diego.  He is 18 and staying just down the road from us.  We began talking with him and just asking him about himself.  He obviously recognized us as missionaries and told us that he knows some Mormons and he really looks up to them.  He then said that he has a desire to become a Mormon.  What?  We invited him on the spot for baptism and he accepted!  I was blown away by that experience.  I felt the Spirit so strong telling us to go back out!  Diego was placed in our path because we went back out.  Had we not, we would have missed the opportunity!  That would not have been good!

Last night, we had a Come and See Fireside.  I was able to see Elder Viliamu for the last time.  Man, I can't believe he is done already!  When I first met him he only had a year left.  That flew by, he goes home tomorrow.  It was really good to see him.  I'm gonna miss him.  The fireside was really good.  President spoke for the last time!  Man, I don't want President to leave.  I really like him.  He's awesome and a very loving man!

I'm still loving my mission!  Best experience ever!!!  Transfers are coming up this week.  If I leave, I'm really going to miss this area, ward and my comp.  I get too comfortable.  I don't ever want to leave places, ha ha, but, I'm excited to see what the Lord has prepared for me.  I love you guys and I miss you so much!  I hope all is well!





Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment