Sunday, June 1, 2014

Time is Going By Ever So Swift

Malo e lelei family!

Another week in the books man, wow!  Time is going by ever so swift! Man, I have been so sick this past week.  I have a cough, sore throat, no voice--it's so stinkin' cold here!  I'm glad to hear that everything is going good back at home.  New Zealand was crazy this past week.  Every year in Rugby league there is what's called State of Origin.  It's like an All Star game that is just insane hits and try's.  It looks so awesome you guys should try to watch it sometime, I know you guys would love it!

This week was a really good one though.  We are still teaching Debbie.  Oh my goodness she is so funny.  The ward loves her and she is so excited.  It's kinda hard though because it takes her a while to learn things so we sometimes have to teach the same lesson three times!  It's good practice for us so we don't mind.  She will be getting baptized this Saturday....so that's cool!  President Lekias asked the whole mission to try to get at least one baptism in the month of June.  We have one for sure so that feels good to show some love to the mission president. 

Yesterday was a special day for me.  I was asked last week to stand in when the baby was blessed.  So, yesterday, when Sariah was blessed, I got to stand in with all the Tongans.  It was really cool.  I love that family so much.  I really want you guys to meet them one day.  They take really good care of us.  They say they want to visit Utah one day so hopefully they make it over.  I would love to see them.  Also this week, we set two new people for baptism this month!  Awesome!  I'm loving serving with Elder Larson...never a dull moment. He's the man and we have fun when we teach.  The investigators are Kalym te aroha kei te iwi ngere manga morgan and his sister Tanish. His name is mean, aye?  We met them through records that showed that they were blessed when they were babies but were never baptized.  So we went over and taught them about the Book of Mormon and they happily accepted the invitation to get baptized on the 21st.  Hopefully I'll still be here to see that one take place.  I'm really excited for them.  They come from a non member family and I know that the kids will be a great example for the family.  We'll see where that goes!

Loving my mission, guys!  Everyday I'm learning something new about myself, the gospel, and a lot of the times both!  I'm so happy!  I know that this is where Heavenly Father wants me!  I want to go this next year as hard as I can.  So I can look back at my mission and know that I served God as best as I could.  The first year is where you learn and tighten up the screws.....second year be a sharp as instrument for the Lord!  I'm really excited for what's ahead!  I love you guys so much!  I hope that you have a wonderful week, aye!

Love you,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment