Sunday, June 22, 2014

This Week I Have Heaps to Report

Hello you guys!  Man, it was really good to hear from you guys!  I loved the pictures of everyone (even Chewie).  Everyone looks so happy and seems to be enjoying life, which is good.  I miss you guys.  I like when I get to see pictures of everyone so thanks.

Man, this week, I have heaps to report!  So this past week on Tuesday, Elder Larson, Elder Manu and I were at a lesson with Kalym and Tanisha.  It was going very well.  We were teaching them the Restoration and going over some of the interview questions for their baptism that weekend.  While we were teaching the phone rings and it was President Lekias.  He called Elder Larson to be Zone Leader up in Whangarei!  Man, he's so lucky!  He gets all the cool areas and places to serve, ha ha!  Then Elder Larson comes in and hands me the phone and says it's for you!  Ha ha, I got the immediate butterflies and President Lekias called me to be District Leader and Senior Companion to Elder Peihopa in the same area.  So, I am now District Leader in the Ashlynne Avenue Ward.  I'm living with Elder Crane from Bingham (ha, he's hilarious) and he is companions with Elder Ofahengaue.  Elder Jones is Zone Leader companions with Elder Matthew--so it's a pretty fun house that we're in now.  Elder Peihopa is originally from up north.  I know heaps of his family so we had a lot to talk about.  He's really cool, we're going to get along great!  So, I am really excited to see how this transfer goes.  I already know that I am going to be really busy!  Lots of responsibility and the thing is....my district is all Sisters!!!!  One of them, Sister Allen, is from Sky View so I enjoy giving her a hard time about beating her and her school in everything ha ha.  It is sad to have Elder Larson go, he's the man and one of my really good friends.  I know that he will be a mean as Zone Leader!  Oh and he is companions with Elder Tibbits--Morgan's friend, so that will be fun for him!


Elder Larson, Elder Johnson
So, yeah, we had a pretty exciting week and we ended it with a baptism!  It was an awesome experience.  I am really happy for Kalym and Tanisha.  It's been fun to get to know them and to teach them the Gospel.  Now we need them to hang in there and be an example to their family.  They are the only members, but I know that they will do awesome!

Elder Johnson, Tanisha, Kalym, Elder Peihopa
Elder Peihopa, Uncle Sam (from up North), Elder Johnson
Elder Larson, Tanisha, Kalym, Elder Johnson

We're still working with Jane.  She's doing awesome.  She will be baptized on the 5th so we need to see her everyday and help her keep progressing.  Jane is really good!  We're pretty good friends.  I've been teaching her since I got here.  I'm excited for her.  Debbie is doing good.  You guys need to meet her one day--she is so hilarious!  The ward loves her and is a great help to her.

Elder Johnson, Jane, Elder Larson


Man, it was a great week, though.  I'm excited for my new calling as District Leader.  I hope and pray that I can do my best and not let the Lord down.  I love being a missionary!!  I'm so blessed, too many blessings to count, but an important one is you guys!  Best family ever!  I love wearing Johnson on my tag!  Pumps ya up a little every time you see it next to Jesus Christ.

I love you guys and I hope that all is well!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment