Sunday, June 29, 2014

I'm Kinda Sad It's Been a Year Now

Malo e lelei!  How's it going guys?  Man, another p day already, that's crazy!  I'm glad to have heard from each of you.  It sounds like everyone is doing great and having a good summer so far.  Not so much summer over here......just raining hard out lately!  It's getting a bit nippy as well.  Mornings are so hard to get up when it's cold.  But like ol' Dirt would always say, "it's not so bad once ya get moving around" ha ha.  Other than the cold and a few flea bites, things are going great!

First week as district leader was alright.  I'm still getting used to it that's for sure.  It's fun though being able to help the sisters and have them help me.  Sister missionaries are full of good teaching ideas so they're helping me out.  It's definitely a big responsibility, but I'm enjoying it.  This week was a pretty sad one though.  No more President and Sister Lekias!  That's terrible.  They were so awesome.  I know that they will be missed by everyone.  Ol' Faafetai (Elder Viliamu, Elder Johnson's trainer) is lucky he got to have them for the whole two years, aye!  On the other hand though, I'm really excited for President Balli.  I'm sure he's the man, plus we need some leadership that reps them stars and stripes ha ha!  I think today he's just relaxing and getting some rest.  I remember getting here and being SOOOOOO tired, but in the mission you learn there's no time for rest ha ha!

Man, we had a pretty good week, Elder Peihopa and I.  We were able to visit Jane a lot and really get her ready for this weekend.  She's really ready but her family doesn't support her so she's kinda having mixed feelings.  We've visited her everyday and really tried to comfort her as much as we could.  She's awesome man, I really want her to be baptized.  She's a dry Mormon we told her because she already lives the commandments and comes to church.  We were able to fast with her yesterday, that was a really good experience and I hope that the Spirit was able to do some work on her!  So yeah, this weekend, Jane should be baptized!  Whooooooo!!

I'm really enjoying my mission.  I'm kinda sad it's been a year now.... I leave a year from today...I don't want to.  I love this country and the people.  This has definitely been the most amazing experience of my life.  I think it's just having a relationship with God in your life. Knowing that He actually knows us and loves all of us....and He's using me, someone who's definitely not perfect as an instrument.  That is so cool to me.  Just the Plan of Salvation and how much we need it!  Man, I remember we had a FHE one time and Dad used the Plan of Salvation puzzle and I didn't know a single thing.  Now, I feel like I gotta pretty good hold on it, Dad!  ha I'm really happy and it's so good to know that you guys are happy as well.  I miss you guys everyday but I know that Heavenly Father is taking care of you and I also know that He's taking care of me.  God lives and He knows us more than you think...and because of that--He's patient with us, we just need to do the things that we're supposed to.  When we don't...repent and move forward everyday.  A scripture to remember this week....John 4:7 "Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God."  I love you guys so much!  I hope you have a good week!

Papatoetoe Zone






Love,
Elder Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment