So, last week we had interviews with our new Mission President, President Balli and he is the man! I love him already. Such a loving guy and easy to talk to. I know he's gonna do work here in Aotearoa (the Maori name for New Zealand). This week was really good. We were able to visit with Jyshia and her sisters. The three of them are still set for the 26th, so that's exciting. I really like teaching them, they're really cool and Maori as!! Their mom is funny though. There is a rule that Elders cannot go into a home when a male over 18 isn't home for obvious reasons. There isn't a male that lives there and she is ALWAYS trying to get us to come in. She's like this is ridiculous, let me talk to your supervisor and tell him our situation and we're like sorry sister...it's been company policy ever since Joseph and Potiphar's wife ha ha ha. So what we do is just teach them on the porch. They sit inside and we sit outside. It's been great they are really progressing well. They came to church yesterday and loved it! The ward, thank goodness, was really welcoming towards them and made them feel welcome! (love when that happens cause it's rare). We will be teaching them this weekend and helping them cut some firewood so that should be sweet as aye!
Being district leader is pretty fun, a very busy job though. I'm still getting used to having responsibility and having to help other missionaries all the time. I really like how much it helps me focus and learn, especially from the scriptures. I always try to give the sisters scriptures that can help them or their investigators. I am really enjoying it! I have a district meeting tomorrow that I should probably start preparing for :-)
I'm really enjoying serving with Elder Peihopa. He's the man and he's still pretty new in the mission but very into it. I want him to come over and visit sometime. You guys would really like him. Have you heard how Elder Larson is doing, by chance? Hopefully he likes being Zone Leader ha ha ha!
So, this month is hauling by! It's already almost Brynney's birthday....which I will be celebrating because little Moso Taani's birthday is the same day! She says we're not invited but we're gonna go anyways! :-) I love this ward. I've been here the longest of all the missionaries so I'm pretty comfortable with all of them so that makes it easy and more fun. There isn't much to report this week. I miss you all! I love you guys and I hope that you are all happy. I love being a missionary! Even when it's cold! I know the Lord is with me and blessing us with prepared people to put into our path. I love you guys---have a good week!
| After Church--Elder Johnson, Elder Peihopa, two other Elders :-) |
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment