Malo e lelei! Man, it's really good to hear from you guys! I hope that you guys had a great week and that Brynney had a great birthday WHOOOOOO! I was even able to celebrate it. The 24th was also little Moso Taani's birthday so we were able to have some cake even! I hope it was a great day, Brynn!
Elder Peihopa and I were able to have a wonderful week. We had a lot of great lessons on the street and also with some of our investigators. One lesson in particular, the one that I sent you guys a photo of already, was probably the most legendary lesson of my whole mission. On Saturday, we went over to Pita's house to visit them. While we were there we asked if they had any friends that they thought that we could go and visit. Pita said that he had a really good friend named Ross who is paraplegic. He said that he is always home so that we should go and visit him right then. So, we all got on one of Pita's wheel chairs and went next door and had an amazing lesson with Ross. It was awesome. We taught the Plan of Salvation and testified of the Resurrection and let him know that we KNOW that one day he will be able to experience walking. It was pretty powerful. I really enjoyed it. So, we plan to continue to visit him with Pita. Also, we are planning to teach Pita's girlfriend this week. He wants her to get baptized so he can get some progression in that relationship! Pita is really helping us at this point in our teaching. He is in a wheel chair and he is always willing to come with us to lessons. Such a good guy!
Elder Peihopa and I had some news revealed to us this week from a Tongan minister from the Church of Jesus Christ. Well, it turns out that Mormons aren't Christians! Man, that was news to me. I could have sworn we were, especially since we have Jesus Christ's name on our badge. It amazes me some of the beliefs people have about our church. One of the real struggles in this area is the Indian people. They are nice and good people (that make amazing food) they just have beliefs that are so much a part of who they are and it's really really hard to help them receive a testimony. They are great though--funny funny people!
Jane is doing great! She has been going on rescue visits with Sister Mauigoa during the week and she comes to heaps of lessons with us. We really want to help her get interested in a mission. I think she would do so awesome. I'm really happy for her thought. She and Sister Mauigoa are the fellowship for the girls that Elder Fell and I used to teach. They came to church and loved it! We're hoping to get them set for this month soon. It's just really hard to talk to Dad. He knows zero English. I might need to get Jake over here to talk some Samoan to him, ha! I'm confident in them. We're still working with the other three. They weren't baptized this weekend. We want them to be converted and we didn't feel that they were yet, so we just pushed it back which is all good. They'll still get baptized.
Things are going great. I've enjoyed this transfer being District Leader and working with great missionaries. I'm anxious to see what will happen this coming Thursday. Should be great! I love you guys and I appreciate all the support and the prayers. I love you so much! I'm grateful to have you---have a wonderful week! Ofa atu!
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment