Sunday, July 6, 2014

We Were Blessed With Miracles

Malo malo famili!  How are yous?  Another week down!  It's so good to hear from each of you and that you all had good weeks.  Man, it looks like you all had a fun time at the game.  That looked awesome.  I liked that picture Dad sent with the flag.  I see Tanner and Kaden are still dumb and dumber with their selection of teams, but Dad knows what's up :-)

We had a great week and a very memorable one that's for sure.  Starting with Tuesday, we had a great day.  I was on trade off with Elder Matthew which is always a good time.  I learn heaps from him, great missionary.  We had a great trade off, taught some very good lessons throughout the day.  We were together until dinner then we traded back with our original companions.  Elder Peihopa and I ate us a nice kai then went to our ward rescue night.  Man we were there for like 5 minutes when all of a sudden the zone leaders come in the Chapel and say, Elder Johnson where is your bike?  Man, ha ha I got up and started running outside saying I'm gonna taai koe (smash you in Tongan). ha ha Man, me and Elder Matthew got in his car and we went speeding down the road trying to find my bike.  It reminded me of times being at work with Dad and him getting a call and just giving er the goose down the road ha ha.  So sad story--I never got my bike back.  So that meant that we had to walk the whole week!  We weren't too happy about that because our area is massive and we have appointments all over the place so our days are just not productive.  Even though I got my bike stolen, I know Heavenly Father knew our circumstances and He blessed us with miracles.

While not having a bike, we were walking on Margaret Road, Papatoetoe and we saw a young girl pushing a baby in a stroller.  We approached and talked with her for a few minutes.  Well, it turns out that the baby is hers and she is 14!!  She said it would be okay if we came by another time.  So, Elder Peihopa and Elder Jones went there on trade off and taught her and set her for the 26th of this month!  Later in the week, we both went over there to meet her family.  We were kinda nervous because we went over at like 8:20 pm and a lot of people get mad when we come that late, but her mom invited us in!  (which is rare)  She said good luck getting me but you are more than welcome to teach my three daughters....so we're really excited about that!  We'll get the mom too, can't deny the Spirit!

Another miracle we were able to witness while walking to one of our appointments--we took a short cut through the rugby fields.  There was this guy there that was playing soccer and he started to run after us.  He came up to us and said hello!  He was Samoan and didn't know much English but he knew enough.  We asked him if he had ever met with faife'au before (missionaries in Samoan) and he said no but he wants to be baptized.  So we set him for the 26th of this month and called Elder Matthew because he is fluent in Samoan.  He was able to let him know about us coming by to visit everyday...that sort of thing!  Wow, we're so excited about some of the miracles we were able to have this week!

The best one though is Jane's baptism! So excited for her and for the opportunity we had to teach her.  Her baptism was awesome and the ward all came to support her.  I hope she gains a desire to serve a mission.  That would be cool.  I think she was the first baptism that I've had where I've actually stayed the whole time and taught all the lessons....so that was pretty special!


Elder Johnson, Jane and Elder Peihopa

I just got off the phone with the zone leaders and it turns out that they got me a brand new bike!  See, look another blessing right there!  Count 'em guys cause there are heaps!  I love and miss you all so much.  Hope you have an amazing week!

Elder Jones and Elder Johnson celebrating Hump Day burning a shirt

Hump Day

With Joseph Parker a famous boxer who is in their ward

P Day

P Day


Love your son and brother,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment