Wow, what a wonderful week. It was really good. It seems like it's always the last two weeks that you may have to serve with your companion that you get along the best! Elder Peihopa and I had a week full of hard work and also heaps of laughs. He's real cool. So as you were able to see in the videos that we got to do us some service--which is great fun. The zone leaders, Elder Jones and Elder Matthew, came along to help us, that was great. I'm glad that we were able to help out Jyshiah and her family with some wood. The three girls are supposed to be getting baptized this coming weekend. That's great! The only thing is we need to get a solid confirmation from Mom, so pray for us! I'm not too worried though, the girls are doing great!
Our recent converts are all coming to church. It's great! It really makes me happy to see the people that we help bring into the gospel at Church and making friends. Makes ya feel good. Jane is doing great! She's helping fellowship our investigators, Erina and Eden. They're two sisters. We met Erina while she was working. She was our checkout lady at the grocery store. So we've been teaching her for the past little while and Jane is helping heaps! Debbie, ah, bless her heart, I love her! She's a little slow, so I have a soft spot in my heart for her. Last night as Elder Peihopa and I were leaving, she gave us each a teddy bear---she's awesome!
Last night we had a Come and See fireside. We went with Erina, Eden and Jane. It was wonderful. President Bali was excellent. He challenged everyone there to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days. That's 6 pages a day (easy as!). I was also able to see Sister Paengatou and Sister Ahokovi!!! Tell Sister Ahokovi it was great to see her. I saw Elder Fell and them as well. I was real happy.
Man, this is our miracle for the week. Elder Peihopa and I were riding our bikes and a man that looked really familiar drove by us and waved....so we followed him home because if it was who I thought it was, I was gonna freak out with excitement! So, we follow him home and it was him! Vai, Mel and Fefi!! The girls that me and Elder Fell were gonna baptize the week before I left. All this time, I have been thinking of them and hoping that the missionaries are still visiting and I found them. They live here. So, we're hoping to speed teach them review and have them baptized with the three other girls this weekend! Man, I was so happy to see them and it made me so happy when I saw their faces when they saw me. They ran up to me--it was great! I'm really happy with how our week went. I love this area. I love being on a mission! It's so great! I love you so much. I hope you are all doing well.
Love you guys! Ofa atu!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment