Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Gospel is the Key to Happiness

Malo e lelei everyone!  Malo etau ma'u a e efiafi ni (good evening) for you guys!  It's crazy the time difference aye.  Good to hear from all of you.  Glad that you all had a good week.   That's crazy that you guys will be starting school soon.  I hope you are all ready for that.

This was a pretty good week for Elder Peihopa and I.  We stayed very busy working with some of our investigators.  It keeps you pretty busy trying to track down members to come to lessons, organizing rides and figuring out different concerns and that.  It's great!  We still have our investigators that are preparing to be baptized on the 30th of this month so that's really good!  We were hoping to set the Samoan girls, but they were out all week.  We're hoping to see them this week and set them.  They're awesome.  I wish you guys could meet some of the people that I've met here.  You would love them.  Just being around them makes me happy and love the work that we do.

This week we didn't have too much excitement.  Just the everyday talking with people.  Lately we have been talking to heaps of people trying to find new people to teach.  It's definitely hard sometimes talking to people who really are just so sick of missionaries talking to them.  You really can't go anywhere around here without seeing missionaries.  It's awesome finding people who just by talking with them and listening you can think of something to say or maybe a scripture to share with them that will really help them.  It's crazy how much I've learned.  I never thought I would ever get to the point where I could know where to find stories and scriptures to use right at that moment.  It's kinda cool looking at how far I've come since this time last year.  I'm growing in the Gospel and I'm the happiest I've ever been.  I know my friends out there are loving it and feeling the same way that I do!

This week we were riding our bikes down the road, we were up on a hill.  I saw the sky tower and the surrounding buildings and it reminded me of when I used to google image this place.  Just how excited I was about being able to serve here.  I love this place man, and sometimes I just kinda forget that I'm even in New Zealand!  It is such a blessing for me to be here!  I need to slow down man, things are going by really fast, it's sad!

I miss you guys heaps.  I pray for you guys everyday.  I know that you are being looked after.  It makes me so happy to know that I have a family like you guys.  It's sad to see some of the families here that just don't have good relationships.  We're truly blessed.  I thought it was bad having parents that would text me all day and tell me to come home and stuff, ha, but I see some of the kids here whose parents could care less what they're up to.  The Gospel is the key to all those people's happiness.  Me and Elder Peihopa just need to find them!  The mission is awesome, guys!  I'm doing great, loving the work and the ward I'm in.  They asked me to talk for 15 minutes yesterday last minute.  Thank goodness, I always have a little something prepared!  Keep doing everything you can to draw closer to our Father in Heaven.  I promise you will be happy!

Love you guys--have a good week,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment