This week was really good! We experienced some of the hard times that come in the mission. Erina and Eden were supposed to get baptized this weekend. We went over to their house to get their mom to sign the baptismal form for Eden because she is only 15 and she wouldn't sign it. She said she wasn't comfortable with giving all of that information that the form requires to people she doesn't know--so that was pretty sad. Erina wants to get baptized when Eden does so they're just pushed back for now and hopefully we can get Mom to sign the form! They're both ready as, it's just little things that come in the way. On the other hand, we were really excited for Jyshiah, Viarnne and Hunter to get baptized. Great day it was! It was awesome seeing them progress so fast. Now, we're trying to teach their mom. I know she can feel the Spirit and we always answer every out of it question that she throws our way--she's just being in denial! ha She doesn't want to have to change her life style.....but one day!
| Jyshiah, Viarnne and Hunter's Baptism August 30th |
We're working with this lady named Shirley. She's crack up! She smokes like a chimney. Other than that, she would be baptized today if she wanted. She came to church yesterday and had to get up and walk out like three times for a smoke break. She is slowly cutting down but it's definitely hard for her, I can tell. We had a really spiritual lesson with her and the senior missionary couple. She's not buying any more packs and she is going to try to keep herself busy. I know she can do it! We got to go do service for her this week. Guess what she had us do---WEEDS!! AHHHHH, man, I still hate doing that, but we were able to crank it out in about an hour, ha!
We also had a really good lesson this past Tuesday with one of our investigators named Nga. She is the friend of one of our members, Sister Paletu'a. We had a mean as lesson with her. We taught the Restoration and helped her understand why there are so many churches (that's my favorite lesson!) and we committed her to pray about the message that we shared. We're seeing her tomorrow night. We're teaching her the Plan of Salvation and hope to set her for September. The Plan of Salvation will be really good for her because she has lost some loved ones recently. It's been really good though. I love Sister Paletu'a and her family. They got Elder Peihopa and I some Tongan scripture cases from the island. They are cool as! I'll send you a pic next week.
Still loving this ward and the area. I've been here for 6 months now! I'm hoping I get to stay longer aye. We ate with the Taani family last night and we're eating with them again tomorrow. I'm pretty pumped about that! I don't want to leave here!
I love you guys. I hope you are doing your part in this wonderful cause. It's what the Lord needs in this point of time. Remember we're all missionaries--even if you don't have a name tag! Have a wonderful week. Look for opportunities to share the Gospel!!
Ofa atu!
Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment