Sunday, August 17, 2014

What Do You Guys Do?

Malo etau mau a e pongipong ni family!  and malo etau ma u a e efiafi ni!  Man, so good to hear from you guys again!  So good to hear that you guys had yet another good week and were able to spend some good time together. That's crack up that school starts already.  It looked like Dad and Tanner went on a nice peaceful hike through Mordor in those pictures I saw.  Looks awesome!  I haven't seen any mountains for ages.  Time is going fast as!  Kovi aupito!  Things are still going really good.  I'm enjoying my stay here in the wonderful aotearoa!  Elder Peihopa is the man!  Definitely one of my favorite companions.  Work hard and always down for a good laugh.  We had a really good week, really happy with our ward, area and the people that we are working with at the moment.

Our week was really, really good!  This week, we had heaps of appointments that we had scheduled that went really well.  Our main stumbling block with most of our investigators at the moment are getting them to live the Word of Wisdom.  I stand all amazed at some people....it is really hard for some people to stop drinking coffee.  We're working with one lady in particular, Shirley.  She's really cool.  She knows a lot, comes from a pretty good Christian background and loves learning about the gospel and she knows it's true.  BUT, she can't stop smoking.  So, we are really working hard with her trying to help her the best that we can.  It's kinda hard when they can't really help themselves.  So this week, we're gonna give her some service around the house and share more of the gospel with her.  Hopefully it's enough for her to try.

Early last week, Elder Peihopa and I were riding our bikes in an area and this little boy rode up to us and was like, What do you guys do?  I see you here a lot.  We just explained to him what we do and expected him to scurry off, but he was like ah cool--I wanna be a missionary one day!  He followed us around on his bike and even came to some appointments with us!  He was talking with people on the street like it was nothing and asking them if they believed in Jesus Christ.  We were like, aye?????  So, we now have a new 11 year old investigator named Brooklyn.  He's the man, keen as to become a member!  So that was pretty cool.  Humbled me a bit though to see this little 11 year old boy who probably doesn't know much about God going up to strangers asking them if they're interested in hearing the message that we share or if they need help with anything.  It made me wanna step up a bit with my love for talking with strangers.  Wow, he's a stud!

I was able to go on trade off with Elder Matthew!  Whoooooo that is always a really fun time.  He's funny!  He finishes really soon so he wanted to go on one last trade of as bro's!  We had a really good time.  We had a dinner appointment with his members, the Puri family.  I love them, I've met them heaps of times before on trade offs so I was really excited to go over there.  Their family has been going through a really hard time lately cause their baby passed away not too long ago.  She was one year old and she died due to medicine that was given to her for being pretty sick.  So it was preventable.  She had Elder Matthew and I crying.  It was so sad to see a mom so hurt about the loss of her baby.  I felt so bad.  They are so strong in the Gospel and have grown closer together in this time of sorrow.  That was a pretty fun experience for the last trade off.

I forgot to tell you guys last week that I got to bless Brother Taani's grandson the other day!  Denzel Feofaaki Kayden Taani.  Man, that was a really cool experience for me.  That was the first time I've ever done that.  I love that family.  Seriously, they really help with a lot of things and I'm grateful to have a second family over here!  I hope you guys get to meet them one day.

Last night was the Come and See Fireside!  I love those.  I was able to catch up with all of my friends that I haven't seen in ages.  I saw Sister Paengatau and Elder Fell!  She gave me Brynn's birthday present.  I'll send it home--it's from the Cook Islands so that is pretty cool!

We had a really good week!  I'm happy with how things are going at the moment!  Love this place and I love the work!  (ofa he ngaue)  I love you guys and I'm so grateful for all the many things you guys do and the support that you give.  Have an amazing week!  I love you heaps!

Dinner the other night


OFA ATU,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment