Sunday, November 2, 2014

I Love the Tongan Culture

Malo e lelei famili!

So good to hear from you this wonderful day!  It's great to hear that you are all doing well and that the family is healthy.  Sounds like everyone had a good week.  This email shop is jammin Indian music---heachaches!!  Man, not a whole lot happened this week for us aye but I really am loving serving with Elder Falatau.  We went through a car wash today.  It was his first time ever so he was pumped!  Let's see what else did he do that you would laugh at----oh, bluetooth is his new favorite thing.  Music can play out of a wireless white box--ha ha!  It's seriously like serving with Branson or Kayd.  I've been really lucky to be able to serve with some really good friends.  Speaking of those guys, they only have like 4 months left, holy cats!  Good on em, aye!

This week was really good.  It seems like I have a whole new world to do missionary work in now--since we cover half of the stake!  We were able to drive around and find us some Tongans!  I love them way more than Samoans--ha ha just kidding!!  We actually found heaps!  Some are already members, but still we found 'em!  I'm really enjoying this experience and learning a lot about the culture.  Very respectful.  The words they say just when greeting others translated in English is really nice.  I plan to visit here one day--find my wife! ha ha  It's pretty good at the moment.  We have a lot of people that we are working with.  Last week, Monday, we found a part member family that we were able to teach.  We set their unbaptized son to be baptized on the 22nd of this month.  We're going back there tonight and we're hopefully going to set his sister for the same day.  Definitely going to be some work---they are Maori from Moerewa--so I know a lot of their family--really, really nice.

This week we had a Trunk or Treat at the chapel.  It was awesome.  Elder Falatau and I decked out the trunk of our car with some candy and pass along cards.  Even had me a batman mask--but that didn't last long!  Anyways, we were able to hand out some pass along cards with our number and details to all of the kids that came.  HEEAAAPS of nonmembers were there so it was a pretty good way for them to see how the church members get down on days other than Sunday.  You'd be surprised of some of the crack up stuff I've heard that people think Mormons get up to ha ha!  So, it's good to have activities where people can see us as normal people.  How was Halloween there?  Pretty busy?  Thanksgiving is coming up soon.....maybe I'll find us a turkey to smoke!

I'm really enjoying this area though--heaps of good members and a lot of potential to work with.  Last night we were visiting the Leakehe family whose brother was in my last ward.  We went there looking for some Tongan referrals and guess who was there---Vaisa himself from my last ward!  I was pumped as to see him.  He told me about the ward and the Elders so it was really good to talk with him.

I hope everything is all good!  I miss you guys heaps!  I love you!

Love,
Elder Sionesani

No comments:

Post a Comment