So, this was an awesome experience for me just yesterday. I got to meet a man that knew Kolipoki very well. He was with him everyday and helped him learn the language. He's 90 years old--it was so awesome to talk with him and he told us funny stories that the palangi missionaries used to get up to. I was so excited to meet with him and talk with him. He even complemented how I pronounce some Tongan words so that made me feel good.
This week there were no fights--with us involved anyways ha ha, but let's just say the ladies in the ward (Relief Society) went over to Subway demanding an explanation. They are very upset and want to find this man. They want us to let them know of anyone who hurts our feelings. I think it's hilarious honestly--I feel very safe!
Let's talk about how the work went this week. We fasted this week for an opportunity to invite someone to be baptized. Sure enough--we invited our little old Filipino investigator for baptism after we taught the Word of Wisdom...which to be honest, I thought we would lose her. She smokes and drinks coffee and I was worried! But because of our desire/faith, her heart was softened committed to quit and she will be getting baptized on the 24th. She's crack up. She told me that her birthday is the next day and we told her she will get the best birthday gift, the Holy Ghost! ha, she gave me a high five and said AWESOME! We're so grateful for Rose and her desire to learn more about God. It's funny because the purpose of her inviting us back was to ask questions about Mormons and she ended up having a great desire to learn more and to be baptized. So, we're really excited about that!
We have another baptism coming up this weekend--Friday! Ronal Chand! I'm not sure if I've mentioned him in an email home before.....but he thought he was a member so we just focused on reactivating him, but it turns out, he wasn't! So, we invited him last week and he has been preparing for his baptism this week. Man, he is great. I'm so happy for him. I've known him for a while --since Hopoate was here so I've gotten to know him. The change I've seen in him is amazing. The Gospel has changed his life just like it has for us and it strengthens my testimony when I witness the change in people.
Last night we had a fireside with President Balli. It was great--he talked about member missionary work. I think some people don't understand so they are still focusing on it. I love what he said. Just simple conversation starting tips for members to use at work or at school. I think it's kind of different in Utah, but I think we can all think of kids in class or people that we work with that are not yet members. It makes me excited to look for missionary opportunities when I get home.
I'm sad that Sister Williams is leaving tomorrow....she is awesome and I've gotten to know her pretty well. She's moving to Utah and said that she'll come and say hi to you guys. She was a really good missionary (and was one of the only sisters that never drove me nuts ever ha ha ha). We'll miss her!
Zone p day today should be fun! Rollerblading! Ice skating last week was a blast. It was a bit dangerous for others so we agreed to just roller blading.
![]() |
| Ice Skating for P day |
![]() |
| Elder Summers and Elder Johnson |
![]() |
| Hmmmm |
| District in Panmure before Transfers this week |
I miss you guys. I hope all is well. I won't have time to email everyone today. Elder Tascon wants to go to get lunch--he leaves tomorrow too :-( I love you all heaps. The Church is true. Have a good week.
Ofa Atu,
Elder Johnson



No comments:
Post a Comment