This week was amazing from the start! On P day last week, we went and played touch with a Tongan school. It was awesome. I really enjoyed seeing them happy and being able to play outside. It made me happy because it's not a school like you think. It's like 20 little Tongan kids and a mom who looks after them so it was good for us to help her out and play with the kids for awhile. I totally forgot to take photos....USELESS! Last week after P day we had a family home evening with the Fatai family. They invited Rose over for FHE. It was great. We played a fun game and taught a lesson that was really helpful for her. If it wasn't for the Fatai family fellowshipping Rose and making her feel like part of the family, I believe that she may not have progressed like she did. But, because they helped do missionary work the Lord's way, she was able to progress and even get baptized this week! Such a testimony builder for me on the work of salvation. Those old men know what they're talking about :-)!
We were able to have some really good experiences this week. Like--walking all day in the hot as sun talking to people who just didn't want it--it would be easy for it to get old, but it didn't. We still kept going on looking for those who would maybe like for us to come by and we found them! So, that's us this week, trying to get a teaching pool and help investigators progress. The lessons that we were able to have were very powerful. I'm really comfortable in teaching at this point and I like teaching people simple. It's good for Elder Summers to get a lot of teaching opportunities. He's learning very well and teaching simply. So our lessons are going well!
We had interviews with President this week. He is the man! I love President Balli. He helped me heaps with ways to work more effective and also how to help the missionaries that I'm currently serving. SO....I was really happy to meet with him and learn from him. After that, I went on my first ever trade off with Elder Tibbits hahahaha, he's our Assistant now (I called that in the MTC). It was fun being with my district leader for the first time since the MTC. I like hearing the missionaries tell me that I've changed heaps! I don't really notice but they do, so that's good.
Then on Saturday, Rose Tabilog, was baptized into the Church. That was an amazing day for her. The ward came to support her--it was her birthday and she was so happy. That was a miracle definitely from the Lord. Elder Summers baptized her and I confirmed her. It was cool because we were led to her and we were both here to teach and help her be baptized! Awesome!
| Elder Summers, Rose and Elder Johnson |
We had a really good week! I'm happy, I hope that you are all happy. I miss and love you heaps! I hope all is well. Have a good safe week!
Ofa atu!
Elder Johnson
We received a friend request on Facebook this morning from a sister in Elder Johnson's area. She had posted some pictures of the missionaries and gave us permission to tag him in them and share them.


No comments:
Post a Comment