I'll start out with the most exciting part of our week. On Thursday, Elder Summers and I were having a nice dinner at Subway. We were just eating and minding our own business and this old palangi (white) guy comes in just yelling and screaming at us. He was calling us the worst of words. I was so angry (I'm sure you guys can imagine ha). He then slammed his juice on the table and walked up and punched my companion in the back of the head. Then he picked up a chair and was about to go RAW wrestling status on Elder Summers. Man, thank goodness, I was able to control myself for the most part. That was pretty crazy. I haven't had anything like that happen yet in my mission. I was hoping it would when I was in Papatoetoe so I could let Brother Taani loose on someone! ha It's all good, no one got hurt and it was a funny thing to talk about!
This week we were working really hard in the area. We have some really good people that we are working with and the area is starting to provide some people. We had a really good experience last night with our progressing investigator, Ronal Chand. Man, he is the man and is very prepared to have the gospel in his life. He missed church because he was sick. We went to check on him--he was alright, but wanted a blessing. The Spirit was really strong during the blessing. We said a lot of powerful things to him that the Spirit inspired. After the blessing, he had chills all over his body. He was feeling better and was like "whoa" ha. It was really awesome to see him feel the Spirit and have that desire to have a blessing.
The area, like I said, is good. Days are a bit long because we don't always have people to see but it's been really good finding people and trying to teach them. I'm learning heaps! I've been studying a lot about the Spirit world lately. I love learning about God's plan for us and how it all makes sense. When you are seeking for answers---ye shall receive!
Everything is going good over here. I hope you had a good birthday, Mom! It's funny--on everyone's birthday so far, I always get dessert from someone at dinner or something that I get to celebrate with!
Love you guys! Have a good week, aye?!
![]() |
| Elder Summers, Sister Mahulamu (member who Elder Johnson says is "crack up"), Elder Johnson |
![]() |
| Coconut from Tonga |
![]() |
| Disgusting shower before cleaning |
![]() |
| Elder Johnson cleaning the shower/bathroom |
Ofa atu!
Love,
Elder Johnson




No comments:
Post a Comment