Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cyclone Pam



Kia ora kia ora whanau!  Don't be alarmed, the cyclone wasn't that bad where we are.  It still could get worse they reckon but at the moment, we are sweet as.  I'm not gonna lie though, yesterday was pretty intense when the ocean was rising and covering land!  It was pretty cool to see.  Really boring yesterday though because we had to come in early because of the storm.  I hate doing nothing so I just got some extra studies in and talked with the bro's.  No worries though, we are safe here.

We had a pretty eventful week though.  It was really fast.  On Monday, we had to move out of our old house.  It took ages.  We didn't get to do much for p day.  The area we used to live in is heaps ghetto though and as we were leaving we could hear heaps of yelling in the house behind us between a man and a woman.  It was getting pretty intense and we were all just kinda wondering how bad does it have to get before we do something?  I was with a big Tongan and Samoan so I was down whenever to step in because this lady was just getting an earful and it was really hard to listen to a woman being talked to like that.  Then we heard her get hit and that was it, we walked up to the door and tried to calm the guy down.  He was sketching man, not because of us, but because people heard what he did.  Someone called the cops because they heard it as well.  They took their sweet time getting to the scene--NZ police is useless when it comes to emergencies!!  The man got into his car and left by the time the police got there so nothing really happened.  I couldn't believe the whole thing.  Anywho--I feel like we did the right thing, who knows how serious it could have gotten aye.  Later that night, we had a ward family home evening in Whangaruru and the ward watched Meet the Mormons.  We were late getting there because of the cops....but it was awesome to see some non members there enjoying the movie.  Our Bishop is the man, I really love having him to serve with!

Wednesday I was able to go on trade off with Elder Tibbitts, our assistant.  That was pretty fun.  He used to cover our area when he was with Elder Larson so it was good for me because I'm still learning our area and he knows it perfectly.  I was able to get to know some new people for Elder Faamau and I to go and visit.  Elder Tibbitts is still the man when it comes to teaching so we had some really good times.  The assistants stayed the night with us as well so we had a house full trying to break Tibbitts, but he's just too smooth, ha ha!

We had a wonderful visit with our investigators Dave and Teresa.  Man, they are so close to baptism, it's awesome.  There are only a few concerns we need to resolve.  One being that there is some tension with them and some of the members.  I hate that so much, but they are close and I feel we can get a long way with them this week if we really qualify for the spirit.  That's something that we really need to do more of....recognize promptings!  It was a lot easier when I was in Panmure because we could spot a Tongan house easy or just tract.  Out here, it's like bush so it's difficult but we're going to make it a focus this week! It should be good.

Yesterday was Stake Conference in Whangarei.  It was awesome....nice and packed!  We sat by Bishop's family in the back.  I was just sitting there making faces at Bishop's littler daughter nek minnit I hear my name called from the pulpit from Elder Coward of the Seventy inviting me up to bear my testimony.  Man, I got a massive fright, but it was all good!

That was the excitement of the week.  It could get a big more exciting with ol' Pam hanging around.  The rain is picking up so I'm excited to see how this goes.  I love you guys, heaps.  I hope all is well for everyone.  Have a good safe week!

Stake Conference

Stake Conference


Ofa atu!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment