Hello you guys! Sounds like everything is the same ol same ol in Johnsonville with baseball starting up! Man, sounds like Tanner will be playin' in the outfield, aye? He's slow, I don't know what they're thinking! nah jokes! That is pretty cool. Man, I cannot believe Bub is home. What the heck, that is so crazy! When you see him tell him I miss him heaps and I'm proud of him. This week went by pretty fast. On Monday, we had a massive touch game with the whole zone, that was pretty awesome. We're gonna have to play that with some of Tanner and Kaden's friends. Yeah--this week went really well.
On Tuesday, we headed down to Auckland for to stay the night in the Harbour Zone for the Mission Leadership Council with President the next morning. It was pretty cool. We stayed in a flat with some of my friends and got to catch up. The meeting the next day was pretty intense though. It went for quite a while and I didn't do so good dealing with my ADD and that so I'll better prepare myself for the next one, ha! It was really cool being able to discuss goals for the mission and to actually be apart of the setting the goals part--I was pretty happy to be there.
During the week, I was able to go on a trade off with Elder Adams. He is the man! He just got back from the Cook Islands so he was telling me about that. He and I both served in Waterlea Park Ward so we were talking about the members there. I miss it there! We had some pretty good visits in his area. I really liked being on his side because there are actually people to talk with there so that felt nice to go and talk with people on the road. We got a few new investigators and had a really good lesson with a less active family. As for Elder Faamau and I, in our area, we did a lot of hunting. We drive through mountains and knock on people's camper doors. It's definitely an experience out in Pipiwai. The cool thing is that we actually had a pretty good lesson with these two guys that were just hanging out in their camper, ha! We drove in there drive way and got out and acted like we knew them, ha ha. We taught a bit about the plan of salvation and got a return appointment. So, I was pretty happy about that day in our area.
As for our other area in Whangaruru, it's awesome out there! I really like it. Our Bishop is the man. He is really onto it. We have a couple that we are hoping to set for baptism tomorrow. Man, they are so ready! Their names are Dave and Teresa. They have been investigating for a little while and have been taught by some of the legends up here, Elder Larson and Elder Tibbitts, ha and they are ready now! So, I'm really hoping that we have a solid lesson with them tomorrow and the Spirit testifies to them the need for baptism. They are also coming to our Meet the Mormons family night at the chapel tonight. They are really being prepared well! Man, I'm so happy though. I miss a few things, but I'm really enjoying Whangarei and the people that I am serving with. I was thinking this week, how I was being selfish and wanting to be back in Auckland. I realized that it's not up to me at all. The missionaries that I serve, areas I serve, people I serve need Elder Johnson and Elder Faamau and that has made it easier for me. The work is going slow but well! I have lots of work to do this week and I'm looking forward to it. I miss and love you all so much! I hope you have a great week! Say hey to Brans for me!
Ofa atu!
Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:
Post a Comment