Sunday, March 1, 2015

Elder Bednar is a Complete Stud!

Morning you guys!  Man, it's great to hear from you.  It sounds like everyone but Tanner is doing good, aye!  I hope you getting feeling better man.  I cannot believe Brans and RECHARDson are gonna be coming home soon.  That is so crazy.  

We have a big day planned out today for our zone p day.  We made some Otai this morning for our lunch.  Then, we're heading to our service.  We were inspired from the new youth EMBARK video.  We're going to hand out with the old people today and just spend some time with them.  Then we are having a massive touch game....which is what I'm really excited for!  I live for touch on p days, ha ha!  I have to hurry today because we're leaving soon so we have time to do everything!

Making Otai for P day

Elder Johnson and Elder Finau

We had a great week.  It started off with one of my favorite families that I met when I was here last.  They're not in my ward, but we stay in touch.  Jamie and Zander Semenoff.  They are awesome.  They got me a new suit so I could look presentable with Elder Bednar.  Man, that meant heaps, I am so grateful for them.  I was able to look nice and wow, David A. Bednar was a complete stud.  I learned so much from him in that meeting.  He was cool, he didn't give a talk or anything.  He just had a discussion with us.  He pretty much talked to us the way that we should be talking with our investigators....with love.  We need to listen and ask inspired questions.  I tried to apply that during the week.  It was pretty hard though with our teaching pool being massive!!  Jokes.  Yesterday at church we had a lesson with our 11 year old investigator, Manaia.  She is golden!  She has already read the Book of Mormon and bears her testimony at church.  Yesterday we set her for baptism on the 21st of March.  We were able to teach her the way we were taught from Elder Bednar.  The Church is true--I'm telling you what!  Everyday my testimony gets stronger and stronger.  I hope you guys experience the same!

Here's a story for you.  This past week, Thursday, Elder Faamau and I got a call to go and run a Tungi (Maori funeral).  We got the Elders from the other ward and road tripped to the Tangi.  It was a good experience but I will crack up about it later.  We have this new Elder, Elder Prisad.  He is Fiji Inidan and is cool as.  Well, this was his first funeral ever!  You should have seen his face when we were getting called on to the Marae (a Maori lady just yells haere mai) and when we got in the Marae, he saw the body lying on the ground and Elder Faamau and I pressing our noses on the body (the hongi) and all these ladies were kissing us on the cheek!  ha ha ha He was freaking out!  Lucky me, I was appointed minister and had to say a speech and like 5 prayers.  It went well though and was a good experience, but I was just cracking up at Elder Prisad.....his first Maori funeral.

Things are going great here.  I'm still being a baby for the lack of work and nothing really to do.  That's my goal for this week--to be productive and find some people to teach.  I love you guys and I miss you heaps.  Sorry I don't have time to email you all one at a time.  My companion is rushing me to go because we have to set up!  I love you all heaps!

Ofa atu!!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment