We had a pretty good week. Tuesday, Elder Faamau and I headed down to Auckland for MLC again. Man, it was awesome. We had some major changes happen in the mission that we are all really happy about. No more nightly phone calls! Man, President Balli is the man! I love having him here so much. That was cool---then we just listened to a really good training from President and the Assistants. It was a pretty good day. I went on trade off with Elder Jones in Pipiwai. Man, he is a stud, I'm telling ya! We had a pretty good experience there. I know no one in that area because we aren't really there that much, and it's not his area so obviously he doesn't know anyone either. So, we just went hard tracting and driving up heaps of dirt roads trying to find people. We actually found one potential investigator. Awesome! So, Elder Faamau and I are going to go back there tomorrow and hopefully we have a good visit and some work out there. I don't know if I ever told you guys this, but Pipiwai is where Elder Peihopa is from. Everyone there are family and members, so it's pretty tough to get new investigators.
![]() |
| MLC Training |
![]() |
| 3rd MLC Training |
Man, I had an awesome spiritual experience this past week! On Thursday, in our zone training meeting we were talking about receiving revelation through prayer and I shared the experience that we had with Jane when she prayed for her date to be baptized and I really felt the Spirit. That was such an amazing experience. Then on Friday, we were out in Pipiwai and we went and visited this house down a long dirt road. I was kindof scared because there were massive dogs and I didn't have anything to throw! We got out of the car, the dogs didn't do anything and we walked towards the house. We saw the woman we were going to visit in the house, Sister Henare, and I was just looking around the house and I saw this beautiful little girl looking at me smiling. For some reason, I just felt the Spirit very strongly. So, we went in the house and began talking to Sister Henare and the little girl came in just a smiling and picked up some books and sat by me and we started looking at the horses in the book. Sister Henare told us that the little girl isn't hers, but that she was found in an abandoned car as a baby and that she was going to bring her up. Man, I couldn't believe it. There is something special about that little girl, I couldn't quite figure it out, but I could feel the Spirit so strong with her. I just was thinking about God's love for us. I met that little girl for only about 20 minutes and you just have a love for her. While she was running around and laughing, I just thought how much does Heavenly Father love me? I felt the Spirit strong. That's been something that I know has been hard for me to recognize in my life. I sure felt it and it about brought me to tears. I know Heavenly Father knows us so perfectly...more than we can even comprehend. That really helped me this week. I know it can help us with whatever we are going through.
I miss you guys heaps and I hope all is well. Have a great week! Ofa atu!
Love,
Elder Johnson


No comments:
Post a Comment