Sunday, March 16, 2014

Awww Blonde Hair Blue Eyes

Hello you guys!  Man, I can't believe it's already Monday again!  I'm glad to hear that you all had a good trip to St. George!  Sounds like the boyz did alright too, Ka Pai (good in Maori).  Man, I had a pretty good week.  I think I put on 5 pounds just this week!  We visited a lot of Island families.

I had some pretty cool experiences actually.  One of which is that we went to visit a member family and to our surprise, they had two Japanese students there that didn't know any English.  All they could say to me was "awww blonde hair blue eyes" ha ha but they were cool--just understood no English.  So, I got google translate on their phone and I taught them the Restoration with an iPhone!  That was sweet as.  They are interested in learning more, so I passed their info to good ol' Johnny boy!  I thought that was so cool that we could communicate with technology.  It will be nice when we get iPads and stuff.  Google translate would be nice to use for some Samoan families that we are teaching.

Elder Johnson and one of the Japanese girls

Elder Johnson and the other Japanese girl--this month his "planner picture" is of him and Mom
Another cool thing that happened was we brought my favorite Sister Ahokovi with us to teach one of our Tongan investigators named Cindallela.  When we showed up two other Tongan guys were there and said that they kicked Cindallela and her family out because they weren't taking care of her house...they were kinda rude at first...BUT, Sister Ahokovi saved the day.  She spoke to them in Tongan and ended up knowing the family from back in Tonga.  The guy expressed to us that he is the only one of his 21 siblings that isn't a member!  So, we set up an appointment for us to go back on Tuesday and help them clean up the house.  They said they will have a feed for us and we can teach them!  That is a good example of teach when you find and find when you teach!

A little "sick" kid that Elder Johnson plays with on P days

This is Joel, another little boy he plays with on P days
Man, we got hit with a cyclone!  That was sweet as!  Heavy wind and rain...but it only lasted for a couple of hours.  I heard that it killed a couple people in Vanuatu...my friend is serving on that island at the moment...I better see if he's doing alright.  It was pretty cool being in a tropical storm.

Transfers are already coming up.  Hopefully I stay---I love the members, the work is slowly coming and I really don't feel like packing--haha!  I wouldn't mind staying.  The Sister missionaries complained to our ward mission leader that they are getting fed too much by the island families...can you believe that??  So the Ahokovi's have been feeding us and man, they cook some mean as Tongan meals!  I really want you guys to try some of this stuff!

That's pretty much all that really happened this week.  I'm glad you guys are doing good and had a fun time.  I love and miss you all so much!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment