Sunday, March 9, 2014

I Love Being a Servant of the Lord

Hello you guys!  Man, hearing about all of your weeks and seeing how blessed you all are, makes me really happy!  I'm so glad things are going so well!  It makes me happy knowing that everyone is taken care of back home....I love you, guys!

Well, we had a pretty good week.  Just so I don't forget anything, I'm gonna share what I wrote in my journal Thursday night.

Well, we've had a pretty good couple of days.  Elder Fell and I are getting along well.  We haven't had much success here in Mangere......like at all!  I'm thinking why?  Why can't there be someone interested that isn't mental?  I feel it's a faith testing time for me because I'm doing everything I'm supposed to.  I'm very obedient and because of that, I've been more happy and have been able to feel the Spirit during my studies and during the day.  During study the other day, an idea came to my mind.  That was to talk with everyone at the shops!  When Elder Fell and I have been eating there, we've noticed some like monk guys who are talking with so many people as they go in and out of shops.  The people are interested!  Man, I couldn't believe it.....these guys are as far from the truth as you can get!!!  So, we got our Plan of Salvation pamphlets and we walked the strip asking people inspired questions and questions about family.  It's went pretty well and we have a few people who are interested and others who said to come this week!  So, we plan to do more street contacting this week.

Another experience this week that was pretty cool---Elder Fell and I were walking back from visiting an investigator and this little old Cook Island lady approached us and said, "Kia Orana, pehea koe?" which means, hello, how are you?  and I said "Kia Orana, ki te pai" which means hello, I'm good! She told me that she was lost and if I knew how to get to the PIC church (Pacific Island Church) and I had no idea where that was.  So I said sorry, Ka kite ana (see you later) and we began to go our separate ways.  As we left her, I saw her begin to panic.  I immediately thought---Elder Johnson you idiot! SISTER PAENGATOU--she lives down the road so I grabbed the lady and walked her to Sister Paengatou.  It was so cool as they were able to speak in Cook Island with each other and it turned out that they knew each other's family.  I was able to understand a little bit of what they were saying because Cook Island is very very similar to Maori!  Sister Paengatou was nice enough to drive that lady to her church and also invited her to ours some time!

This has been a pretty good week....I plan to work a lot harder this week.  The best part of the week came on Saturday.  We visited the main man, Brother Young Yen, my favorite Samoan family.  He told us that he has three families of guys that work for him that are ready to hear from the missionaries!  That is a total of 16 people.  We have the night of 29 of March to teach them all!  Man, I hope I don't get transferred!  I know that this came because of your fast.  I know it did!  This makes me very happy.  I plan to just keep working hard and trying to find more souls to save.  I am really enjoying my area even though it is hard.  I love my ward, we live in the Bishop's backyard so I'm always teasing his family.  I'm even getting pretty good at rugby from playing every Monday with a big group of kids.  You guys----things are SWEET AS!  I love being a servant of the Lord.  It's amazing!  Although Satan works his hardest on me....I know that turning to God in just a simple as prayer is enough to get us through the little things our day will throw at us!

I love you guys, heaps!  I'm so grateful for you all.  Keep being happy!  Have a good time in St. Geezy!  Drive safe!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment